Yuasa GYZ20HL Battery For Dyna? - Harley Davidson Forums

Go Back  Harley Davidson Forums > Harley Davidson Motorcycles > Dyna Glide Models
Reload this Page >

Yuasa GYZ20HL Battery For Dyna?

Notices
Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, FXR Super Glide, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.

Yuasa GYZ20HL Battery For Dyna?

Old 01-02-2019, 10:43 AM
texuspete00
Default Yuasa GYZ20HL Battery For Dyna?

Did some research on this site for battery recommendations for my 2014 FXDF (Fat Bob), but seems Amazon says the GYZ20HL does NOT fit. I did read this is the fattest battery that will fit the Dyna Battery box. Like maybe it's over spec or something. The stock strap going to fit around this puppy? It says the GYZ20L will fit, but I am a ratings snob and hoped for a lil higher, plus the research on this site never said to get that.

Hmm, should I just get a Big Crank ETX20L? I'm a first year rider, so I'm paranoid about everything, and not a wrencher type.

Yuasa
https://www.amazon.com/Yuasa-GYZ20HL-Performance-Battery/dp/B00II2IT0U/ref=olp_product_details?_encoding=UTF8&me= https://www.amazon.com/Yuasa-GYZ20HL-Performance-Battery/dp/B00II2IT0U/ref=olp_product_details?_encoding=UTF8&me=

Revzilla says the Yuasa will fit. The picture has white lettering instead of Orange and it is a lot more expensive. I think it's the same.
https://www.revzilla.com/motorcycle/...rmance-battery

Big Crank
https://www.batterymart.com/p-Big-Cr...L-Battery.html

Last edited by texuspete00; 01-02-2019 at 11:18 AM.
Old 01-02-2019, 12:49 PM
nevil
Ultimate HDF Member

I bought this one 2 years ago for my Street Bob. It fits just fine.
Amazon Amazon

Old 01-02-2019, 07:09 PM
Rickinbeachcrest

I got this one last Jan for my 2014 super glide custom.

Amazon Amazon

The fit was just right. Amazon said it wouldn't fit, but it did.

Old 01-02-2019, 07:37 PM
seniorsuperglideE8
Club Member

What I found amazing are two different batteries being offered by Amazon in the link. Big Crank has a pretty big following, guess you can't go wrong with them. A couple of suggestions, charge the battery first and don't throw away the little flatsided washers that might come the battery. Chances are you'll need them to make the cables sit flush against the terminals.

Old 01-02-2019, 09:37 PM
ludville1
Senior Rider

Yep, that's the one that I put in my LR.

Old 01-02-2019, 11:25 PM
AJ88V
One Of The Regulars

Yuasa batteries are top flight in my book. OEM on most Japanese bikes. Definitely a safe bet if you're planning on keeping the bike.

The only thing better would be to get one of the Li-ion batteries of sufficient capacity (300 cca or higher)

Old 01-05-2019, 10:03 AM
Qdog002
Outstanding HDF Member

I bought this Deka from Amazon in May 2018 sold by Battery Mart.

Amazon Amazon

Old 01-05-2019, 10:56 AM
John CC
One Of The Regulars

I've had good results with Deka batteries in other applications. They are one of the few remaining actual manufacturers of the batteries (East Penn).

I had a Power Tec AGM battery in a Triumph that was still going strong when I sold it, after 6 years. Previous owner installed it right before I bought the bike in 2012.

Last edited by John CC; 01-05-2019 at 10:57 AM.
Old 01-05-2019, 11:33 AM
cggorman
Club Member
Thanked 1,865 Times in 1,411 Posts

Originally Posted by AJ88V View Post
Yuasa batteries are top flight in my book. OEM on most Japanese bikes. Definitely a safe bet if you're planning on keeping the bike.

The only thing better would be to get one of the Li-ion batteries of sufficient capacity (300 cca or higher)
Lithium IRON, please. LiFePO2. Far less risk of fire in case of dead short. My Antigravity is doing well and has proven itself safe in a runaway short.

Old 01-10-2019, 09:44 AM
texuspete00

Originally Posted by Qdog002 View Post
I bought this Deka from Amazon in May 2018 sold by Battery Mart.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
I ended up buying this. The Yuasa I linked with the GYZ20HL number had in the description for Triumphs only. The YUAM720GH link that Rickinbeachcrest actually had GYZ20HL in the picture! I'm sure it would have worked if it did for him, but I guess screwy listings cost them a sale. I'm thinking the Deka is basically the Big Crank with it's ETX20L model number, so I guess it's still confusing, but anyway, I appreciate all the help. I suppose if I get a good few solid years out of one, the difference in longevity etc should be pretty moot or come out to pennies a day. Let's hope for no more VINERR awhile!

Thanks!

Search this Thread
Featured Sponsors
Vendor Directory

Contact Us About Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

© 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: