Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What are your build plans for this winter?

Search this Thread

Old 01-23-2019, 12:06 PM
AwesomeAustin
Advanced
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by fxdup
You motivated me! Went out there and knocked it out in abt 10 minutes. It really tightened things up too.

Stay on me Bro.. I got more to get done! LOL
Way to go! Now about that ignition relocation...we need to get that wrapped up so we can move on to bigger better things.

The following users liked this post:
fxdup (01-23-2019)
Old 01-23-2019, 09:59 PM
AwesomeAustin
Advanced

Was searching headlights and found a Performance Machine Apex light in chrome nearly half off on eBay. So add that to the list. Does anyone know for certain if the Roland sands springer headlight bracket will work on a Paugcho?

Old 01-24-2019, 08:43 AM
SixDD
Banned
Received 1,901 Likes on 1,109 Posts

Put the front end back together and replace intake seals

Old 01-24-2019, 11:24 AM
AwesomeAustin
Advanced

Originally Posted by SixDD
Put the front end back together and replace intake seals
The first thing I did to my Dyna after a service was a stage 1. Kept getting this horrible cough out of my breather. After messing with the fuel ratio about 10x I went to read my plugs(props to sticky here on how to do it) and I saw my intake seals were bad. Replaced them and it ran like a champ. Never thought it would make that much of a difference but was really pronounced once I increased airflow.

Old 01-24-2019, 11:28 AM
AwesomeAustin
Advanced

Originally Posted by CryingJoker
Did my suspension upgrade and powdered my wheels at the start of winter late fall but in Louisiana we don't have a lot of down time for winter. About to relocate my gauges to the handlebars. Still need to get some upgraded rotors to go with the ebc pads I've got laying in a box and would love to get around to chain conversion. One piece at a time.
I hated the gauges on my bars so I looked into a tank swap. Ended up buying a Motogadget motoscope mini gauge that mounts into their top clamp. Took a bit to figure out the wiring but one of my favorite upgrades and gave the front end a clean look. You should look it up. Company is in Germany and their products are top notch.

Old 01-24-2019, 11:51 AM
CryingJoker
Road Master
Received 240 Likes on 141 Posts

Originally Posted by AwesomeAustin

I hated the gauges on my bars so I looked into a tank swap. Ended up buying a Motogadget motoscope mini gauge that mounts into their top clamp. Took a bit to figure out the wiring but one of my favorite upgrades and gave the front end a clean look. You should look it up. Company is in Germany and their products are top notch.
it is a good looking product. I dont have the best of vision anyway and moving the gauges on the fxdls to the risers to have quick reference and the smaller gauge would not benefit me. But dang your bike does look good.

Old 01-24-2019, 12:15 PM
cggorman
Extreme HDF Member
Received 2,291 Likes on 1,710 Posts

Originally Posted by AwesomeAustin

Fellow MotoNerd! I think I have about half their catalog, LOL!

Old 01-24-2019, 12:37 PM
AwesomeAustin
Advanced

Originally Posted by cggorman
Fellow MotoNerd! I think I have about half their catalog, LOL!
I’m really excited about their bar end turn signals. It will be a very clean look and give it a custom look. I plan to use Motogadgets flexible rear brake/turn light to tuck under the fender to clean up the rear end. I want to keep everything basically bolt on so I stay in the modified street category at shows. Not sure if a hugger rear fender will disqualify me or if it’s based off it being a stock frame.

Old 01-24-2019, 03:57 PM
SmokeyHill
Tourer

Received 282 Likes on 114 Posts

If the weather will break early enough (unheated work space):
1. Getting rid of the mini 12" apes and going with something more like low rider bars.
2. Getting rid of the forward controls and going with mids or further forward mids. Hoping to find a trade partner when the time comes.
3. Adding Custom Dynamics rear lighting.
4. Suspension upgrade, still undecided on what I'm going with.
5. Sputhe positrack stabilizer.

There are no straight roads where I live. I want more control.

Old 01-24-2019, 04:48 PM
AwesomeAustin
Advanced

Originally Posted by SmokeyHill
If the weather will break early enough (unheated work space):
1. Getting rid of the mini 12" apes and going with something more like low rider bars.
2. Getting rid of the forward controls and going with mids or further forward mids. Hoping to find a trade partner when the time comes.
3. Adding Custom Dynamics rear lighting.
4. Suspension upgrade, still undecided on what I'm going with.
5. Sputhe positrack stabilizer.

There are no straight roads where I live. I want more control.
last winter I did progressive springs up front, 444 shocks and switched to Shinko 777 tires. It made a huge difference in handling. I was at a stop light and when I went to put bike in gear the rod that went thru my primary snapped. Luckily I was able to limp it home. Instead of pulling the inner primary off to fix it correctly I plugged the hole in back of primary and installed forward controls. I do prefer the forwards controls but I also liked being able to move my feet with the mods.

Quick Reply: What are your build plans for this winter?