Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What are your build plans for this winter?

Search this Thread

Old 01-24-2019, 05:09 PM
SmokeyHill
Tourer

Received 282 Likes on 114 Posts

I could live with the forwards, but several times I have come to a place in the road where I really wish I could rise up on the pegs to lessen the blow, if you know what I mean. This is my first bike with forwards, and frankly I just don't care for them. Reduced reach would probably feel better to me, but still can't stand on the pegs if I need to. I guess I'm just used to having my feet under me.
Thanks for the suspension tips. I'm open to suggestions in that department.

Old 01-24-2019, 06:37 PM
AwesomeAustin
Advanced
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

There are definitely better race options than progressive. I run them on both my Dyna and road king bc they do a really good job for the money and I don’t run too awfully hard. My buddies and I have our great spots to really get down in the twisties and my both of my bikes do great. I originally wanted to get Ohlins but wanted to keep it under a grand. I think it was $700 when it was all said and done on my Dyna for a major upgrade that I feel was well worth the money. However, I’ve never tried Ohlins and people swear by them.

Old 01-24-2019, 07:10 PM
cggorman
Extreme HDF Member
Received 2,291 Likes on 1,710 Posts

Originally Posted by AwesomeAustin

I’m really excited about their bar end turn signals. It will be a very clean look and give it a custom look. I plan to use Motogadgets flexible rear brake/turn light to tuck under the fender to clean up the rear end. I want to keep everything basically bolt on so I stay in the modified street category at shows. Not sure if a hugger rear fender will disqualify me or if it’s based off it being a stock frame.
I have, tho now retired, the disc bar-end signals. They're very, very nice. Only ditched them because they're not compatible with my internal throttle.

Old 01-24-2019, 07:34 PM
Crazy
Grand HDF Member
Received 1,516 Likes on 805 Posts

Not really "build" plans but my Street Bob is getting a new rear motor mount and a new starter clutch.

Old 01-24-2019, 08:16 PM
brownie4412
HDF Community Team
Received 1,014 Likes on 590 Posts

Other than installing my new 2-1 that’s sitting at the house the Dyna is pretty much where I want it. As for now I’m just trying to make as much money as humanly possible and get a shovel project before spring. I thought I had a deal done on a 77 FXE but the seller got weird about the title so it didn’t happen.

Old 01-24-2019, 08:24 PM
AwesomeAustin
Advanced

Originally Posted by Crazy
Not really "build" plans but my Street Bob is getting a new rear motor mount and a new starter clutch.
My “build” started off as an oil change and a front tire. It all adds up after awhile.

Old 01-24-2019, 08:49 PM
AwesomeAustin
Advanced

Originally Posted by cggorman
I have, tho now retired, the disc bar-end signals. They're very, very nice. Only ditched them because they're not compatible with my internal throttle.
I thought I recognized your screen name. Then I realized you had the 99 build. I read thru a lot of it when I was researching motogadget stuff. Just went thru it some again and watched the video of you starting it up. Two years huh? Way to go! Bike looks great and I really appreciate the info I got from it.

Old 01-25-2019, 08:21 AM
Sambo62
Cruiser
Received 19 Likes on 18 Posts

My "build plan" consisted of taking my bike to shop and having an engine build and dyno tune. Go to pick it up tomorrow. I was going to do the work but between my real job and time constraints, I just bit the bullet and paid the labor.

Before: 75 Hp @ 4900 and 96 ft-lb @ 3300
After: 122 Hp @ 5700 and 126 ft-lb @ 3900

Needless to say I am now waiting for the MI winter to end!

Old 01-25-2019, 01:33 PM
AwesomeAustin
Advanced

Originally Posted by Sambo62
My "build plan" consisted of taking my bike to shop and having an engine build and dyno tune. Go to pick it up tomorrow. I was going to do the work but between my real job and time constraints, I just bit the bullet and paid the labor.

Before: 75 Hp @ 4900 and 96 ft-lb @ 3300
After: 122 Hp @ 5700 and 126 ft-lb @ 3900

Needless to say I am now waiting for the MI winter to end!
Those are seriously impressive numbers! Did you upgrade your brakes too lol

Old 01-25-2019, 02:18 PM
Sambo62
Cruiser
Received 19 Likes on 18 Posts

Those are seriously impressive numbers! Did you upgrade your brakes too lol
No, but I have started a rear tire 401k account....

Quick Reply: What are your build plans for this winter?