Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

SixDD's 2006 FXDB "Build" Thread

Search this Thread

Old 03-21-2019, 04:50 PM
GWC68
Cruiser
Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts

Looking real good, nice job.

The following users liked this post:
SixDD (03-21-2019)
Old 03-21-2019, 05:57 PM
cggorman
Extreme HDF Member
Received 2,291 Likes on 1,710 Posts

I like that sissy bar. The tubular mounting area is better looking than plate, I think. Pretty amd functional...how can ya beat that?

SixDD (03-21-2019)
Old 03-21-2019, 06:18 PM
SixDD
Banned
Received 1,901 Likes on 1,109 Posts

Originally Posted by cggorman
I like that sissy bar. The tubular mounting area is better looking than plate, I think. Pretty amd functional...how can ya beat that?
I like the sissy bar and hope I can install it. I'm not sure how it bolts at the rear -there is a blinker there and no bolt holes anywhere near the blinkers. It says on the website that it fits a 2006 Street Bob. I looked for a instruction sheet with no luck. Guess I'll have to wait and see. I hate waitin' and seein'!

https://www.jpcycles.com/product/160...y-bar-with-pad

Edit: I found a pdf instruction sheet on that sissy bar, and to make things short -it wont be going on the bike!

but, I am taking that Kuryakyn crap taillight off and this will be going on the bike instead:

Edit: put the new pegs on, big day!

Last edited by SixDD; 03-21-2019 at 09:45 PM.
Old 03-22-2019, 03:01 PM
union53
Road Captain
Received 88 Likes on 68 Posts

Look up Ginz choppers for a sissy bar. I have one and love it. They are a bit expensive but I think they are worth it.

SixDD (03-22-2019)
Old 03-22-2019, 05:16 PM
SixDD
Banned

Getting set up to do the handlebar control wiring. I cleared off the workbench and laid old towels down so none of the chrome gets marred. It looks like it will be easier running the wires through these handlebars because these handlebars are a total of 5 pieces and the wire loom can be fed through one section at a time and then attach the sections as I go. I will be using the following wire loom(link below). I purchased both the 1/2" and 3/8" looms and will probably use the 1/2". We shall see how it goes.

https://www.jpcycles.com/product/380...p-1-2-diameter

PS. I cut the wires a long time ago, so the wiring will be soldered back together. I'll leave extra wire loom so I can make it look clean and professional - hopefully. It being a split wire loom I should be able to make it look neat after the soldering/splicing is complete. I'll try and feed some extra loom through the handlebars along with the wiring.

https://www.jpcycles.com/product/380...p-1-2-diameter

Old 03-22-2019, 09:19 PM
SixDD
Banned

Working on the wiring, so far so good, had to come in and find a string so I can put a nut on the end and feed it through the main handlebar section. My goal for tonight is to get both control housings on, the wires fed through the handlebars/top triple tree, and handlebars back on the bike.

Edit: well it's all over for tonight. That pack of wire loom only had enough to do one side, so I'll have to order another pack before I proceed. Hey, I did manage to get one side done.

Last edited by SixDD; 03-22-2019 at 10:03 PM.
Old 03-23-2019, 08:39 PM
Davdoodles
Tourer
Received 83 Likes on 52 Posts

Also try Ray Bowman's sissy bars, in that same style (but with low-profile plates, instead of the round-bar mounts). Not cheap but quality is exceptional. You can get them with and without pad mounts. Strong as heck. Mine carted way-too-much gear across Australia and back, no worries. They also come in polished stainless.

Full disclosure: it's my bike in the pics, but I'm not affiliated etc, just a very satisfied customer. I gave the pics to him as he didn't have any for that page...

https://www.tophandventures.com/prod...for-street-bob

SixDD (03-24-2019)
Old 03-23-2019, 08:52 PM
Tall Timber
Road Warrior
Received 425 Likes on 259 Posts

I bet its nice being able to disassemble the bars part way for wiring.

Looking good. I think this is your best incarnation yet.

SixDD (03-24-2019)
Old 03-24-2019, 08:31 AM
SixDD
Banned

Originally Posted by Davdoodles
Also try Ray Bowman's sissy bars, in that same style (but with low-profile plates, instead of the round-bar mounts). Not cheap but quality is exceptional. You can get them with and without pad mounts. Strong as heck. Mine carted way-too-much gear across Australia and back, no worries. They also come in polished stainless.

Full disclosure: it's my bike in the pics, but I'm not affiliated etc, just a very satisfied customer. I gave the pics to him as he didn't have any for that page...

https://www.tophandventures.com/prod...for-street-bob
Now that I like! Looks like I'm back on board for a classic sissy bar in polished stainless. A special thanks to you!

Edit: I can't quite afford the sissy bar yet, but I did order this fender bib. I plan to rest a duffle bag on the fender then strap it to the sissy bar. Hopefully the bib will keep the fender from getting scratched. Luggage racks ARE FOR STATION WAGONS - lol.

Last edited by SixDD; 03-24-2019 at 10:14 AM.
NMU (09-24-2019)
Old 03-24-2019, 09:03 PM
Tall Timber
Road Warrior
Received 425 Likes on 259 Posts

Originally Posted by SixDD
Now that I like! Looks like I'm back on board for a classic sissy bar in polished stainless. A special thanks to you!

Edit: I can't quite afford the sissy bar yet, but I did order this fender bib. I plan to rest a duffle bag on the fender then strap it to the sissy bar. Hopefully the bib will keep the fender from getting scratched. Luggage racks ARE FOR STATION WAGONS - lol.

Note - That fender bib WILL mark your fender also.

SixDD (03-24-2019)

Quick Reply: SixDD's 2006 FXDB "Build" Thread