Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Road Warrior only QD TSport Style Fairing for FXDF?

Search this Thread

Old 03-17-2019, 08:20 AM
texuspete00
Advanced
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Road Warrior only QD TSport Style Fairing for FXDF?

So I would like to reduce the human parachute feeling on the freeway with my 2014 Fat Bob (Denim Black). I think a t sport style fairing looks better than a windshield, and a Batwing. Though I think those windvests that go over the handlebars are kind of nice. I'm not sure the Dougz will and similar will provide enough wind protection. This leads me to the t sport style, but wouldn't mind conflicting opinions. I like the idea if the wind protection seems insufficient, I can always try a taller shield. I hear the Conley's is probably a little better made than the memphis shades road warriror. Fiberglass instead of plastic, but I'm concerned it's not detachable. Assuming I get the memphis shades painted, it's not exactly cheap either (do you have to get the Conley's painted?)

I have no qualms with the bike around town without any kind of fairing. Hopefully the headlight adapter and mounting bits used with the memphis shades doesn't make it look a little ridiculous without. This will only be my second season as a rider. Seems to be coming up fast now, I want to get my stuff in order! Are there any other options to consider?

Last edited by texuspete00; 03-17-2019 at 08:34 AM.
Old 03-17-2019, 08:57 AM
Tomahawk309
Tourer
Received 122 Likes on 72 Posts

You can switch to a single headlight and get a Krator T Sport fairing for less than $200. Its not QD though. I have a Birch fairing, its not QD but it doesn't take much to take it off.
The Birch keeps the wind off of your chest. I would think the Dougz would do fine as well.

Old 03-17-2019, 10:55 AM
Jed Clampett
Stellar HDF Member
Received 2,029 Likes on 871 Posts

Or you can do this

Old 03-17-2019, 02:07 PM
Mark Faulkner
Road Captain
Received 189 Likes on 130 Posts

I've had the Road Warrior on my Low Rider S a few weeks now and it's made a massive improvement. It takes almost all of the wind off my chest and helmet, and i get less wind noise. It allows for a lot of adjustment, but it takes some time to get it set right to eliminate all the buffeting. The headlight doesn't look too bad without the fairing on, but you will still have the brackets on the bike which doesn't look great. I don't intend to run mine without it so it's not a problem, and it does allow for a quick change to the Gauntlet fairing if i want more airflow.