Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Bung King Passenger Peg Crash Bar *UNSAFE*

Search this Thread

Old 05-24-2019, 08:44 PM
ando427
Intermediate
Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by SluggoMagoo
I got my right ankle wedged under the bar making an emergency stop at slow speed due to a bad driver making a left turn at a 4 way who did use their blinker. For all of you that think you're so smart. You don't have any experience with this product, some don't even have a Dyan, and suggest that you're opinion matters. Instead you think it's better to bash someone who's trying to warn you about a potential hazard. I posted this to let people know this is a safety issue because these bars are too low to the ground and don't pivot like a normal passenger peg. I suggest you don't buy it for those reasons. Instead I get a troll that doesn't know their ******* from their elbow. I done with this thread. Screw You.
A bad driver who did use their blinker? Most bad drivers who have cut me off at a 4 way intersection are because they don't use their blinker.

I don't own a Dyan, but I do own a Dyna, and a set of the front Bung King crash bars. None of the rear bars though. I've put about 25,000 miles on my bike since installing the front bung king bar and have managed not to kill myself. Also even with 14.25" shocks I still scrape my front foot pegs and exhaust in corners sometimes and if you look at the bottom outer edges of my front bung king bars, they too are scraped up, but it's never really caused me any disruption mid corner, my normal footpegs and exhaust (on that side) scrape the ground first. Anyways, yeah, a rigid object sticking out from your bike could potentially pose a hazard, it's a compromise to minimize damage to your bike and yours and your passengers' legs if you go down. Life is full of compromises, but the op definitely should have added clarification in his first post. When I read it, my initial thought was that he had gone down and the bars had buckled or not provided the support they claim to provide, but no, he just got his foot tangled up and now he's crying about it.

Last edited by ando427; 05-24-2019 at 08:48 PM.
The following 3 users liked this post by ando427:
Greezey Rider (05-25-2019), skid_pimp (05-24-2019), Vec (05-25-2019)
Old 05-24-2019, 10:26 PM
Highwaymans
Road Warrior
Received 494 Likes on 331 Posts

Originally Posted by SluggoMagoo
I got my right ankle wedged under the bar making an emergency stop at slow speed due to a bad driver making a left turn at a 4 way who did use their blinker. For all of you that think you're so smart. You don't have any experience with this product, some don't even have a Dyan, and suggest that you're opinion matters. Instead you think it's better to bash someone who's trying to warn you about a potential hazard. I posted this to let people know this is a safety issue because these bars are too low to the ground and don't pivot like a normal passenger peg. I suggest you don't buy it for those reasons. Instead I get a troll that doesn't know their ******* from their elbow. I done with this thread. Screw You.
And........ None of that was obvious when u bought it? Its a crash bar...... If it folded it wouldnt be a very good one, now would it? What did you think would happen if you put your leg down in front of it? Geez......

And before u start talking ish.... I have a Dyna, it has a BK crash bar. I have a bunch of friends with dynas and they also have BK bars..... AND I can tell u personally on some past rides.... One new guy following me, went wide, hit a guardrail, went down and was fine and rode home 50 miles.... A 2nd new guy went wide, rode off the road and went down. Tweaked shifter, but he was ok and rode it home 45 miles.... Both Dynas with BK bars...... And both praised the bars....

**** happens, you crashed, got hung up..... MCs are dangerous.... Dont bash BK. Dont be like all the clowns whining or worse suing over **** beyond builder's control.... Plenty of people are happy with BK stuff, INCLUDING MYSELF..... Id pissed at YOU, not BK if they stopped making stuff.....

Last edited by Highwaymans; 05-24-2019 at 10:29 PM.
The following 8 users liked this post by Highwaymans:
DynaKid94 (05-28-2019), Eborjas (04-10-2020), Greezey Rider (05-25-2019), hdbob2006 (05-27-2019), iaminsider (05-25-2019), Mark Faulkner (05-25-2019), skid_pimp (05-24-2019), Vec (05-25-2019) and 3 others liked this post. (Show less...)
Old 05-28-2019, 09:06 AM
Jay Guild
Grand HDF Member
Received 731 Likes on 562 Posts

Originally Posted by hdbob2006
Well,sorry, but that doesn't make sense either. Feet go on the pegs when the bike is moving. So if he was dragging his feet,it's his own fault.
Very true. I was just teaching my daughter to ride a bicycle the other day and the first rule I was trying to teach her is your feet do not touch the ground until the bike has stopped. If it is still moving when you put your feet down you will get hurt.

Old 05-28-2019, 11:52 AM
HyperM3
Road Captain
Received 39 Likes on 28 Posts

Originally Posted by Jay Guild
Very true. I was just teaching my daughter to ride a bicycle the other day and the first rule I was trying to teach her is your feet do not touch the ground until the bike has stopped. If it is still moving when you put your feet down you will get hurt.
The Flinstones taught us otherwise...

Old 05-28-2019, 12:10 PM
beanoboy
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 814 Likes on 498 Posts

The answers to this post are very like what has happened to the Dyna Nation facebook page ! Just sayin.

Old 04-10-2020, 08:50 PM
Eborjas
Tourer
Received 108 Likes on 62 Posts

Originally Posted by Highwaymans
And........ None of that was obvious when u bought it? Its a crash bar...... If it folded it wouldnt be a very good one, now would it? What did you think would happen if you put your leg down in front of it? Geez......

And before u start talking ish.... I have a Dyna, it has a BK crash bar. I have a bunch of friends with dynas and they also have BK bars..... AND I can tell u personally on some past rides.... One new guy following me, went wide, hit a guardrail, went down and was fine and rode home 50 miles.... A 2nd new guy went wide, rode off the road and went down. Tweaked shifter, but he was ok and rode it home 45 miles.... Both Dynas with BK bars...... And both praised the bars....

**** happens, you crashed, got hung up..... MCs are dangerous.... Dont bash BK. Dont be like all the clowns whining or worse suing over **** beyond builder's control.... Plenty of people are happy with BK stuff, INCLUDING MYSELF..... Id pissed at YOU, not BK if they stopped making stuff.....
Old thread I know.
But yeah, for some reason everyone loves to bash Bung king style bars because they imagine some catapult effect.

I always show this video to the doubters. This is how they're supposed to work.
Facebook Post