Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

CV40 carb help, where to buy if need be!

Search this Thread

Old 06-20-2019, 12:59 PM
NORTY FLATZ
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 5,388 Likes on 2,952 Posts

11,000' ASL?
Holy crap, you're looking down on everybody!
Lol!

Old 06-20-2019, 07:41 PM
REW13
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 763 Likes on 631 Posts

Carb is on the bike, and I can feel the difference between the two. The throttle response is night and day, and there is more pull. Now I just need to adjust the idle when hot and it's good to go...

Guess I can justify not buying the s&s as it would not have been much more performance.

The following users liked this post:
JayStronghawk (06-21-2019)
Old 06-21-2019, 09:48 PM
REW13
Seasoned HDF Member

Alright.... A day after and a hundred miles,
The start up was much better, just one pump of the gas and bike fired up no issues, no choke needed.
Got bike up to temp and re adjusted the idle, tone is much nicer, 1st thru 4th gear bike pulls much stronger, 5th gear bike easily blows by slower moving vehicles, and still pulls well in 5th.
There is no decel pop when off the throttle, and bike pulls strong in what ever gear I'm in when accelerating.
https://www.ebay.com/itm/HARLEY-DAVI...edirect=mobile

Really wish I had done the carburetor swap a few years ago now... But it's done and bike runs like a new one for me.

JayStronghawk (08-09-2019)
Old 06-22-2019, 12:10 AM
Biggzie
Cruiser
Received 12 Likes on 7 Posts

Lol, Yeah Norty Flatz we are up there, Took a while to get acclimated to this altitude.

Old 06-23-2019, 04:58 PM
REW13
Seasoned HDF Member

Another ride today to check the mog's, it is an improvement. Now over 50 plus mpg vs 38 to 45.

Will now do more riding to see if everything will check out...

Old 07-16-2019, 08:33 PM
REW13
Seasoned HDF Member

almost a month with the Killer Mike Carb....

there is zero decal popping now!!
throttle response is wicked quick
gas mileage is 45'ish
bike pull thru all gears strong

I am pleased with the carb, it was more than the mik but cheaper than the s&s and it is a quick bolt on to the bike!1 worth it to me!!

Old 07-17-2019, 06:19 AM
Mchad
Club Member
Received 3,510 Likes on 2,133 Posts

Originally Posted by REW13
almost a month with the Killer Mike Carb....

there is zero decal popping now!!
throttle response is wicked quick
gas mileage is 45'ish
bike pull thru all gears strong

I am pleased with the carb, it was more than the mik but cheaper than the s&s and it is a quick bolt on to the bike!1 worth it to me!!
Hey question: Do you have any mods to your motor that you had the carb jetted for? I have a cam, pipe and heavy breather on my FXR and was thinking about one of his carbs, but don’t know the jet sizes and don’t want to mess up the tune (had it jetted on a dyno). I know he asks about mods, wonder if just letting him know the cam and pipe will be accurate enough to get the jetting right.

Old 07-17-2019, 08:48 AM
REW13
Seasoned HDF Member

It has gears and and Andrews 37 cam, big air sucker intake and v&h straight shot pipes.
Dude was dead on....

The carb was tuned straight out of the box only adjusted the idle

On your dyno sheet if you still have it, it should tell you your jet size? If not if it was done by a dealer they have it on file.
By my butt dyno I feel 10 hp more... Maybe 12 and more torque too

Last edited by REW13; 07-17-2019 at 08:55 AM.
Mchad (07-17-2019)
Old 08-09-2019, 02:10 AM
JayStronghawk
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 279 Likes on 214 Posts

Originally Posted by Mchad
Hey question: Do you have any mods to your motor that you had the carb jetted for? I have a cam, pipe and heavy breather on my FXR and was thinking about one of his carbs, but don’t know the jet sizes and don’t want to mess up the tune (had it jetted on a dyno). I know he asks about mods, wonder if just letting him know the cam and pipe will be accurate enough to get the jetting right.

Tell him what you are running.. Engine Size, Model, Pipes, and Cams he knows how what you need or damn close for sure .. He will take care of Jet Sizes ..

Old 08-09-2019, 03:12 PM
brownie4412
HDF Community Team
Received 1,014 Likes on 590 Posts

Originally Posted by Mchad
Like others have said. Tell him EVERYTHING and he'll take care of it. Before I sent him my carb my bike was sensitive to altitude changes, hot/cold weather starts etc. Since he's done my carb i've ridden through ohio (where i live), west virginia and tennessee with no issues. Also no more hard starts in cold weather which is huge for me because once the mercury hits 50 I try and ride to work. I've had a few 35-40* mornings and it's never missed a beat. I've said it before, it's easily some of the best money i've spent on my dyna.

Quick Reply: CV40 carb help, where to buy if need be!