Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

plan-b need tank badge ideas

Search this Thread

Old 07-23-2007, 07:08 AM
voyager1
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default plan-b need tank badge ideas

just looking to change my tank badges now.... anyone have pics or ideas what badges will fit on my fxdbi ? thanx ...2006..that painter can kiss my butt.

Old 07-23-2007, 07:20 AM
husky24tn
Advanced
Default RE: plan-b need tank badge ideas

hey voyager.....

as a custom painter myself i hate to see people get the shaft like that.....AND I MIGHT ALSO ADD.....if the paint can't be pressure washed...what good is it?

lol....anyways.....my buddy bigmo(on here)has a street bob and he got some screw on badges that look kick ***.....i'll try to get a good pic of it and post it here for you.....they make like a plate that sticks to the tank and the emblem screws to the plate......some of the designs are kick ***.....

and if thats not what you want to do......hopefully myself or another painter can help you out....

Mitch

Old 07-23-2007, 07:22 AM
BLade1127
Road Warrior
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Check J&P out. They've got a bunch of really nice tank badges.

Old 07-23-2007, 07:26 AM
DA ROOSTER
Advanced

The new "Fat Bob" tank emblem and trim are nice. Different than alot of the other options. Who knows when you will able to buy one though. I have been looking as well, but will hang in there till I find one I have to have.

Old 07-23-2007, 07:32 AM
Chipstah
Road Warrior

Tank Badges --- Boy - that's a wide open question voyager. I've got so many ideas I've been collecting (and some may actually work!) it's hard to know where to start. Be creative and think outside the box if you want to be unique - most anything potentially can work with 3M or similar heavy duty 2 sided tape. I started searching eBay for "harley (badge,medallion,emblem)" for some conventional ideas, the dealer has some old school reproductions that I've seen on a number of bikes here on the forum that look super, J&P shows some but way expensive, and just now I've been looking at, of all things, old harley belt buckles (slightly concave ones to fit the rounded contours of the tank) - they'll need some modification but might be cool (if heavy). I've seen some use gas cap covers pretty convincingly, too.

My problem is, the darn bike looks so good with out any, I'm torn 6 ways to the middle whether to even use badges at all!! LOL!

Chip

Old 07-23-2007, 07:39 AM
voyager1
Outstanding HDF Member

great.thanks. going to the dealer later to look at what i can choose. a shame,one day this so called painter will meet his match,and someone will take him behind the wood shed.

yea,he walks away saying...i told you i will fix the dam thing..he all red.....i mean really,could i trust this guy now. i thing not.
i may just take him to small claims court and get my money back he stole from me. how do some people sleep at night ?

Old 07-23-2007, 07:40 AM
sharkey
Grand HDF Member
Received 440 Likes on 263 Posts

I like the stick-on logo from the V-Rod tank

Old 07-23-2007, 07:41 AM
voyager1
Outstanding HDF Member

LOl. i agree. it does look good with no badges. thanx for the ideas for sure .

Old 07-23-2007, 07:43 AM
sharkey
Grand HDF Member
Received 440 Likes on 263 Posts

Try again...

[IMG]local://upfiles/32069/00283FCC1E9842A79E02BB095C97236E.jpg[/IMG]

Old 07-23-2007, 07:49 AM
Chipstah
Road Warrior

When you're at the dealer look at the ones on the bikes on in the showroom for ideas and ask about availability for current and recent badges that might be available to order and don't feel limited to what is on his walls. Some are pretty pricey, but you know what you're getting and they come with the adhesive already attached - just peel and stick. I checked on the Road King Classic emblems (I think kpreese has those) and the dealer could order them for around $130 a pair. I looked on eBay and finally found them for around $60 new and $45 used. Good luck!

Chip

Quick Reply: plan-b need tank badge ideas