Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New England Dyna Owners - PLEASE READ

Search this Thread

Old 10-16-2007, 12:43 PM
flynavy
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default New England Dyna Owners - PLEASE READ

Hi all, I live in New Hampshire, and today I went in to my local (Nashua HD) stealer for a fluids change (they had a special) to get the scoot ready for it's winter nap.

They mentioned to me that my smoked lenses on my turn signals would need to be replaced with the stcok ones before inspection in June, or they would not pass me!

They further explained that the state "popped them" this past August so they are worried about being watched. "By the book" is going to be their middle name come June.

Just wanted to give fair warning that with few obvious exceptions: forward controls, 2-up seats, etc. anything NOT STOCK on a bike would likely cause a failure of state inspection based on the book.

Those items that WILL fail you without question: Side mounted license plates (especially if not horizontal), smoked or LED tail lights or signal lights, bars over shoulder height, and one or two other items that seemed so outrageous I was too floored to maintain attention.

Border states (Mass, Maine, VT, Conn, RI) who normally try to stay fairly close to neighboring states guidelines may feel this too.

I am pissed because I spent 40 bucks for my smoked signals. I just ordered and received my lay-down smoked tail light, and my side-mount license plate holder from Kury that I was psyched to install this winter....now I have doubts I should do it at all, let alone wait until after inspection in June. Installing cool stuff only to take it off and put it back on etc, etc, etc is just not the way I want to own and operate MY bike.

Looking for feedback

Old 10-16-2007, 12:50 PM
hk_shooter
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default RE: New England Dyna Owners - PLEASE READ

Thanks for the heads-up. State Inspections suck. Is the inspection sticker only good for one year? I agree puting on , then tating off the cool stuff is not how I want to spend time 'on the bike'.

Old 10-16-2007, 12:56 PM
hspring03
Elite HDF Member
Received 52 Likes on 48 Posts

My recommendation would be to go somewhere else....Ma has many rules and regs that can be interpreted differently by different shops...Find an indy dealer.

Old 10-16-2007, 12:56 PM
flynavy
Road Master

Motorcycles in New Hampshire are inspected every June. Each June a new color sticker is placed on the front frame. Cops know what color to look for a lot easier on bikes, because they should all be the same color.

For cars and trucks, we inspect on birthday month, so as many as 12 different colored stickers are on windshields year-round. Makes it tougher to spot someone who hasn't had an inspection in awhile.

Tough to miss someone with an out of date sticker on a bike though[:@]

Old 10-16-2007, 12:59 PM
fiend138
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Wow that really sucks, what all states inspect bikes?

Old 10-16-2007, 01:10 PM
flynavy
Road Master

My recommendation would be to go somewhere else....Ma has many rules and regs that can be interpreted differently by different shops...Find an indy dealer
hspring03: You can't get an inspection in Mass if you register your bike and live in NH. ?????

Old 10-16-2007, 01:14 PM
flynavy
Road Master

HSPRING03: Iget you now...doy...you mean try another shop in NH. Yup I thought of that and I am asking around now to see who is strict and who isn't....but it just sucks to have to shop around to get a friggin' inspection sticker. Plus, if you put mods on and pass, then a cop pulls you over, your going to have to take them off anyway

Old 10-16-2007, 01:18 PM
hspring03
Elite HDF Member
Received 52 Likes on 48 Posts

Yep, that's what I meant...An HD dealer is the last place I would go for my annual sticker. I go to an independent shop up the street from me. It's always good to find a place you can get aftermarket parts in anyway...

Old 10-16-2007, 01:38 PM
Wildcat68
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

No inspection here in GA, I feel for ya. I wouldn't last a day with those kind of restrictions. Move south young man..Go Navy, Beat Army!!!

Old 10-16-2007, 02:01 PM
firefighter3666
Road Master

Hmm... so much for Live Free or Die. Glad that Maryland only requires inspection when applying for a title. Then again, we have to wear helmets.

Quick Reply: New England Dyna Owners - PLEASE READ