Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Just a quick note, one of our great Dyna brothers is returning from the War

Search this Thread

Old 10-26-2007, 03:23 PM
Stanger
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Just a quick note, one of our great Dyna brothers is returning from the War

I just wanted to let you all know that a fellow Dyna rider (a very good buddy of mine) will be returning home here tomorrow from the War. He has been sub-mitted for the Purple Heart and Bronze Star. He bought his Dyna when he was on leave about 6 months ago. It was his first Harley and we were able to take him on his first 3 rides with his new scoot just before he was shipped off for his 2nd tour which he volunteered to do. He was one of the soldiers that was wounded in the attack some time ago that was in the news about a bidge getting hit that had a convoy on it by RPG's. He was repairing a fellow soldiers Hummer under fire to get them out of the kill zone when the vehicle he was working on was hit by an RPG. For him he was lucky to only have his shoulder dislocated, torn and cut up a bit, while his buddy lost an arm and leg just 10 feet away. I do not mean to tell this story of injury except to say that they both wanted to go back out and help thier fellow soldiers afterwards, and obviously only my buddy would have any chance to and he managed to. It just gets to me how these brave men and women irregardless of what they believe in, like or do can stand up for each other and want to stay and help thier fellow soldiers. I am not sure if this is even the correct place to put this, but I figured he owns a Dyna and well he and any other person who has served or is serving in any of the military branches deserves to be honored for thier bravery to allow us all the freedom to own and ride our scoots. God Bless and Thank you from me to any and all of you that have or are serving! You are what we should be telling our children is what a true Hero is.

Old 10-26-2007, 03:31 PM
bikerdog134
Road Master
Default RE: Just a quick note, one of our great Dyna brothers is returning from the War

got to thank him for his service. without guys like that we wouldnt have much of a country. surprising how many heros this great country has. god bless them all

Old 10-26-2007, 03:48 PM
hk_shooter
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default RE: Just a quick note, one of our great Dyna brothers is returning from the War

Glad he's coming home, realatively healthy,and able to enjoy riding!! Tell him to stop by the Forums, if he could. If not, make sure you tell him how much we,(most Americans) appreciate his sacrafice. And that of all our service personel.[sm=americanasmiley.gif] God Bless all who serve.

Old 10-26-2007, 03:50 PM
Sammi
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 19 Likes on 9 Posts

ORIGINAL: hk_shooter

Glad he's coming home, relatively healthy,and able to enjoy riding!! Tell him to stop by the Forums, if he could. If not, make sure you tell him how much we,(most Americans) appreciate his sacrifice. And that of all our service personnel.[sm=americanasmiley.gif] God Bless all who serve.
Same here.

Sammi

Old 10-26-2007, 03:59 PM
Gilly
Road Captain

My ol man got wounded twice in Korea ("police action" dontcha know). They don't give out Purple Hearts twice. You get a silver star for every time more than once that you're wounded, it's a Purple Heart rule I guess. Just so you know. So he'd refer to the decoration as a Purple Heart w/silver star (or two silver stars, etc, HOPEFULLY this will be enough bloodshed for that cat! Second time got my dad sent home finally, 1st Marine Div. ASK me how to get drafted into the Marines).
Gilly

Old 10-26-2007, 06:34 PM
DougsDyna
Banned
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Glad he is coming home safe, and thankful for his service to this great country. Hope he can ride soon, to enjoy HIS freedom.[sm=biker2.gif]

DougJ

Old 10-26-2007, 07:34 PM
WildBillAce2
Road Master

And he's lucky to have friends like you back home. Make sure you guys don't try to "make up" for lost time too much when he gets back.... I'm glad he's coming home safe!

Old 10-26-2007, 09:32 PM
sargek
Road Warrior

Glad he is safe and many thanks go out to his dedication and support. As a vet, I am proud to see so many young folks standing up and volunteering to protect the freedoms we enjoy.