Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Advice on color.....

Search this Thread

Old 12-02-2007, 06:57 PM
Hey Zeus
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Advice on color.....

Hey all...
I thought buying a Wide Glide back in July was a wise move....it's a looker, reliable, clean, I got a great deal and for me personally, it's just my style. But one small thing....my wife's back and comfort level (lack thereof) is far outweighing the pro's. So I am left with selling the bike. It is a 99 and I painted it satin black (I am a painter by trade). I feel I am limiting my sale of this bike by leaving it in this finish. I am going to be painting it a single color, whether it be a metallic, pearl or straight color before putting it for sale officially.
I needed your opinions on what a good choice would be for this bike if you people were in the market for one. What colors are widely loved and which ones would be an outright bad choice?
Maybe with some help I can widen the bikes marketability.
By the way if anyone is interested in a Dyna, mine will be for sale soon......with a professionally done paint job. Maybe one specifically the new owner'schoice!
Thanks in advance to all and take care.

Old 12-02-2007, 07:07 PM
mdog2222
Tourer
Default RE: Advice on color.....

Guys on this forum know that if the bike is Black then it's obviously fast. That's a good selling point. good luck with the sale. Maybe you should keep the bike and tell your woman to follow at a safe distance in a nice climate controlled pickup truck. Hell and excuse to buy a new truck.... Problem solved.

[IMG]local://upfiles/28108/DE33653DC9BF40CC8302782BAE878367.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]local://upfiles/28108/1974450DC8114DA6A8A77EB4086E7171.jpg[/IMG]

Old 12-02-2007, 07:12 PM
HD7585
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Black seems to be the most common on this site,I would think most like it.

Old 12-02-2007, 07:15 PM
Hey Zeus
Road Captain

I thought black would be the best choice, but there always that select number of folks that say..."it looks great black, but it really would really stand out if it were _____".
I'm just kind of stuck....

Old 12-02-2007, 07:21 PM
hk_shooter
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

How about primer gray, tell them it's a prototype 'gray denim' paint Could be worth some extra coin...

Old 12-02-2007, 07:24 PM
Elginator
Road Captain
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Butcher,
You are in a position to give someone EXACTLY what they want. Don't paint it yet. Sell it as a package: Bike + Custom Paint Job. The buyer gets to pick the color! (After a non-refundable down-payment)

I can see the ad: PROFESSIONAL BIKE PAINTER SELLING HARLEY-DAVIDSON PAINTED IN THE COLOR OF YOUR DREAMS!

Old 12-02-2007, 07:26 PM
pwer pla
Tourer

leave it as is and include in your sale new paint of buyers choice.

Old 12-02-2007, 07:29 PM
Hey Zeus
Road Captain

I was thinking of advertising it with "color of your choice", but I am going to list it on Ebay and it's so hard for someone to look at the bike as it is and spend the cash without seeing a finished product. It is a kick butt idea to list it as "buyers choice", though. I just wonder how receptive it will be for someone to spend that 9800 bucks and envision me tearing it apart to strip and paint their new investment........

Old 12-02-2007, 07:36 PM
itileman
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Leave it black. Buyers want to see the finished product. The last thing you want to hear is, "I didn't mean that color of...." and have a sale go south. Public is fickle.

Old 12-03-2007, 07:17 AM
SPECIAL ED
Elite HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Just paint it gloss black.You're right about there being a limited number of people who like the satin black and most of them already have a Street Bob.The matte colors are all the rage now days but I think people looking to buy a used Wide Glide are going to be more traditionalists and what they probably want is shiny paint and chrome.But just for the sake of my curiosity can we see it picture of it in satin?

Quick Reply: Advice on color.....