Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Which Bolts for Kuryakyn signal clamps

Search this Thread

Old 01-05-2008, 09:32 PM
nkauf21
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Which Bolts for Kuryakyn signal clamps

I just bought the Kuryakyn front turn signal clamps. I know I will need to buy new bolts. What size do I need to buy and can they be found at most hardware stores? Is there anything else I will need besides two new bolts?

Old 01-05-2008, 09:37 PM
dklozik
Tourer
Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts
Default RE: Which Bolts for Kuryakyn signal clamps

I believe they are 5/16 x 24 thread. I put spacers between the clamps and my signals. I picked up a pair of chrome spacers at the hardware store for 2.95. Hope this helps.

[IMG]local://upfiles/46323/9CFEF244329C44149B900C3B0CBCD05F.jpg[/IMG]

Old 01-05-2008, 09:38 PM
nkauf21
Outstanding HDF Member

Thanks, I'm going to try to track some down this week. What length did you get?

Old 01-05-2008, 09:44 PM
dklozik
Tourer
Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts

I got them the same length as the bolts Kury sent. Even with the spacers they were still long enough. The spacers let the lights sit straight. Without them they looked a little crooked to me....jmho

Old 01-05-2008, 09:47 PM
Dynaflyer
Road Master

Saw this in another thread, I think they are 3/4 Inch. Hope this helps.

I had the HD turn signal relocation kit installed before I picked up my bike. I do not care for them, if you will notice the pictures in the accessory catalogue always keep the front end of the bike that they are mounted on turned so that you can not see how far they actually stick out. I have looked for some time for a set of mounts that will go on the lower triple tree but have not found any so far that will fit. The mounts that go on the 49mm fork tubes have began to show up but quite often come with bolts that do not work with the stock turn signals. If you buy the Kuryackyn mounts and wish to use the stock turn signals you will need to find some button head, five sixteenths, fine thread, three quarter inch bolts. (Stainless steel would be a good idea.) The Kurys will come with course threaded bolts and will not work so well with the stock turn signals.

Good luck with it.
Arcane

Old 01-06-2008, 04:23 AM
Critter174
Road Captain

when i looked at the hardware store all i could find was the course thread. ended back up at the dealer and just got a couple of chrome ones with lock washers for a couple of dollars.

Old 01-09-2008, 04:37 PM
lilrooster76
Tourer

what size spacers did you guys use? Man, it was a pain in the butt to get the bolts needed for these...no place around me carries these things, even ACE! I had to get 1" and I am gonna cut them down

Old 01-09-2008, 04:57 PM
fiend138
Road Captain

Thry this site

http://www.mcmaster.com/

Old 01-09-2008, 05:05 PM
TOMMAY
Stellar HDF Member
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

You can use the Harley bolt.It's an allen head and will protrude into the inside of the clamp. Get every thing lined up,tighten the bolt good and mark the part that protrudes with a sharpee and grind off that portion. This will grind away most of the allen head on one side,but will still leave enough meat to grip with the allen wrench.You can also use a piece of rubber fuel line about an eight longfor a spacer to stand the lite off just a bit so it will go on straight.Not the best way,but works when you're in the garage at night,burning to finish the job and all the hardware stores are closed.[:@]BTW,it's held up fine for about twenty thousand miles.

Good Luck

Tom

Old 01-09-2008, 05:59 PM
lilrooster76
Tourer

I dont mind cutting them down, after all what else is a dremmel good for? I was just wondering what size spacers I should be looking for, as I have not started yet...am I just looking for a couple of washers, or a lock washer, or an actual spacer that is 1/4?

Quick Reply: Which Bolts for Kuryakyn signal clamps