Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Fat Bob Squadron - owners check in!

Search this Thread

Old 09-05-2014, 04:59 PM
kainvamp
Tourer
Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Wichita

I'm a fairly new member and have really enjoyed reading all the info and seeing everyones bikes! Thought I would share a pic of my ride and a few details on what I've done and where I'm headed on my build. Bought a clean used 2009 Black Denim Fat Bob in January this year and started the build by powder coating the horn and belt guard and rattle canned the trim on the battery cover/electric covers. I'll just list the parts: Supertrapp Supermeg header, S&S air cleaned, La Pera Barebones, DougZ 1/4 fairing (love it!), Avon Cobra tires and a TTS Master tune. Plans are for mild cams and the ungraded S&S cam gear drive and new suspension front and rear...whenever I have money again. Thanks for the great pics, keep em coming.

Welcome to the squad, nice looking bike, I really want one of those fairings!

Old 09-06-2014, 01:38 AM
JBoltageness
4th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My Dougz Custom 1/4 Fairing will be here next tuesday. Can't wait to get my hands on it.

Old 09-06-2014, 01:45 AM
JBoltageness
4th Gear

I bought my Fat Bob this summer. I have a 2011 VROD Muscle and the Fat Bob. I like the Fat Bob much better. I have allot of work planned this winter for it.

Old 09-06-2014, 04:50 AM
mattVA
Stellar HDF Member
Received 92 Likes on 72 Posts

Saw this on FB..i love it

Attachment 557066
Attachment 557067

Last edited by soldierbot; 04-02-2021 at 07:46 AM.
Old 09-08-2014, 05:34 PM
Craigmier
Tourer
Received 17 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by mattVA
Saw this on FB..i love it

Meh, this kinda takes away from the fatbob look with the dual headlights, something that really sets it apart from the other dyna's. This makes it look like a soft tail.

What would be really super awesome is if somebody could retrofit the roadglide LED daymakers onto a fatbob! Its dual headlights like the fatbob and they are bright as all hell during the day and night and look badass! Surprised nobody has done this yet since there is no dual headlight LED upgrade for the fatbob currently that I am aware of?

These are def on my list for my road glide. I miss my fatbob a bit, if I still had it I would be figuring out how to add these!

Old 09-10-2014, 08:24 PM
JBoltageness
4th Gear

Well I just sold my VROD and 2008 Fat Bob yesterday.

I picked up another 08 Fat Bob.

This one has a limited-edition custom paint job on it.
113ci engine Stage IV with rinehart crossbacks for pipes.
The only reason I changed up is this was the exact build I was going to do this winter with my fat bob. I had $7500.00 already in with Harley for the mods Traded both my bikes and put the cash down on this one.

The only thing the bike didn't have that my build would have is a crank from Dark Horse. I'm happy though! I pick it up tomorrow and I'm stoked.

Old 09-10-2014, 09:16 PM
OneGearhead
Road Captain
Received 35 Likes on 28 Posts

Originally Posted by JBoltageness
Well I just sold my VROD and 2008 Fat Bob yesterday.

I picked up another 08 Fat Bob.

This one has a limited-edition custom paint job on it.
113ci engine Stage IV with rinehart crossbacks for pipes.
The only reason I changed up is this was the exact build I was going to do this winter with my fat bob. I had $7500.00 already in with Harley for the mods Traded both my bikes and put the cash down on this one.

The only thing the bike didn't have that my build would have is a crank from Dark Horse. I'm happy though! I pick it up tomorrow and I'm stoked.
Definitely sounds like a trade up. Congrats. I bet that thing seriously hauls some a$$! Any dyno sheets with it to prove it?

Old 09-11-2014, 03:58 PM
JBoltageness
4th Gear

Originally Posted by OneGearhead
Definitely sounds like a trade up. Congrats. I bet that thing seriously hauls some a$$! Any dyno sheets with it to prove it?

It's kind of a crazy story. I orginally was looking into putting a 120R in my 08 Fat Bob. They said I could save allot of money and get more bang for my buck by doing the 113ci Stage 4. So I went on their recommendation. They said they had a work order for a guy who did the exact same build. So they based my quote off of his build. I had a few extras like the dark horse crank, high torque starter, and automatic compression releases.

Anyway when they got this bike in the salesmen texted me a pic and I asked if it was the guys bike I had based my build off of. He said why in fact it was.

It actually made more financial sense to pick this bike up. If I can get my hands on some records for it I will!

Old 09-11-2014, 05:05 PM
diaedy
Advanced
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

topdwg

what are the floorboards from????????????Model?year? will they fit 2014 fatbob stock?

Last edited by diaedy; 09-11-2014 at 05:08 PM. Reason: name
Old 09-11-2014, 10:56 PM
OneGearhead
Road Captain
Received 35 Likes on 28 Posts

Originally Posted by JBoltageness
It's kind of a crazy story. I orginally was looking into putting a 120R in my 08 Fat Bob. They said I could save allot of money and get more bang for my buck by doing the 113ci Stage 4. So I went on their recommendation. They said they had a work order for a guy who did the exact same build. So they based my quote off of his build. I had a few extras like the dark horse crank, high torque starter, and automatic compression releases.

Anyway when they got this bike in the salesmen texted me a pic and I asked if it was the guys bike I had based my build off of. He said why in fact it was.

It actually made more financial sense to pick this bike up. If I can get my hands on some records for it I will!
That's kinda crazy. But if you make out on the good end of the deal, then why not? Sounds like a good plan.

Quick Reply: Fat Bob Squadron - owners check in!