Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

First road rage incident in cave creek

Search this Thread

Old 03-10-2008, 03:58 AM
dirico1266
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default First road rage incident in cave creek

Hey all,

After a year I finally experience my first road rage incident. Here we go.

It was a beautiful day here in phoenix (76 degrees) I figured I would go out for a little ride so I went to the 17 to the 10 to the 202 down through scottsdale all the way back around to the 51 north. I was thinking that I should stop at the HIDEAWAY in cavecreek to have a few cold ones. Sice I am kind of new in the area and I saw someone I had meet a few weeks ago and was introduced to some of her friends. Very nice people. After explaining that I was new to the area they wanted to take me to HARDTAILS and SHANAGINS. I was like ok. So here we are 4 bikes heading out of cave creek. I am in the back position. This white ford150 truck cuts the first bike off. (it was a young kid 23ish and 2 chicks.) We came to a stop light. I pull in front of the truck while my buddy reads him the riot act for cutting him off. The kid was being a dick so my buddy swings at his outside mirror and breaks the mirror off and kick the passenger door and leaves a big black scuff mark. The the kid takes off between me and the guy who punched the mirror. I said screw this, I would not let the truck pass me so I stayed in front of hime doing 95mph. The next thing I know the rest of the pack had turned off at the light about an 8th of a mile back so I turned around and the truck turned around and I went in front of the carls jr there to meet up with my new friends there. The truck turned off with me but now he is nowhere in site. About 10 minutes later the truck pulls up and the kid hurls 2 huge river rocks at one of the bikes nailing his handle bar and one was a complete miss. Needless to say the truck sped off and by the time the cops got there we were gone too. In the end we have one guy with a bloody hand, we we able to go to the last 2 bars and talk about the BS that went down. I was thinking to myself that If I was off my bike at the time of the rocks being thrown if I picked it up and smashed it into his windshield if that would have been a better choice but I was glad I did not. It could have been alot different turnout. We have the open carry gun law here but no one was packing.

Anyway just thought I would share the story.
Dirico

Old 03-10-2008, 04:19 AM
Jaybob07
Tourer
Default RE: First road rage incident in cave creek

Sounds like yall had one hell of a day. Good to hear that no one went down hard. I bet the cold ones numbed the hand a little bit to forget about the pain. Did anyone get the Plate # of the kids truck?

Old 03-10-2008, 04:33 AM
dirico1266
Tourer

ORIGINAL: Jaybob07

Sounds like yall had one hell of a day. Good to hear that no one went down hard. I bet the cold ones numbed the hand a little bit to forget about the pain. Did anyone get the Plate # of the kids truck?
Yea, it was intersting to say the least. One of the people we were with tried to remember it off the top of her head but I dont think she got it right. I was facing the other direction. Unforuanatly they only require back license plates here in AZ and not fronts.

Old 03-10-2008, 07:34 AM
bikerdog134
Road Master

yeah, sometimes **** happens. sometimes it end up real bad. you were lucky.

Old 03-10-2008, 08:47 AM
jsbridgew
Road Warrior
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

i hate confrontation...not out of fear...but because of the place it can putus when we're forced to cross that threshold...it's a luxury that an adult who has everything to lose can't often afford.... 'cause when we go there, it's dark...it's hypnotic...and we lose control there...

riding season is about to begin up here in New England....and i think about it...i worry at times...but i suppose that's a good thing

... a lady put me there last year when her cigarette hit me in the neck when she flicked it out her window

a warm, numbing buzz overcame my head, literally.... next thing you know, i'm kicking her drivers side door and spitting at her window

it was horrible.... i hated myself afterward..... rage will ruin the best of us

Old 03-10-2008, 08:55 AM
risdo
Road Captain
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Gotta keep your cool. Sometimes, it freaks them out.

I was hit in the chest with a hard cigarette pack, thatthe guy ahead of me tossed out his window. (yeah, that little cardboard box can hurt, at 65 mph)

It was a cool day, my jacket was partly unzipped, so it went down my front. At the next stoplight, I fished it out, pulled up next to him, and very calmly said, "here, I believe you dropped this" as I tossed it back through his window.

The look of sheer shock on his face was priceless.

No kicked doors, no damage, but very effective.

Old 03-10-2008, 09:06 AM
the metal
Banned
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

you meet the nicest people on a harley!

btw, this is exactly why i don't go off riding with "new" friends.

Old 03-10-2008, 09:09 AM
2007fxdc
Elite HDF Member
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

A lot of idiots out there and your buddy was right to take the opportunity to tell the guy what he thought about it. However, it's probably good the cops didn't get there in time because of what he did to the truck. The kid was in the wrong throwing rocks and would not have had any excuse but your buddy did do damage first. Not that it is an excuse for the kid but neither side would have had much of a case with the cops - especially since the guy cutting your buddy off would have just been your word against his. Could have been worse if he had decided to use the truck as a weapon...

Old 03-10-2008, 09:25 AM
the metal
Banned
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

wasn't the rider reading the guy the riot act for cutting him off really the one who escalated this to physical violence?

he verbally attacked the driver and then physically attacked him, for me, the road rage is right there.

the goal of the lead rider in a group is to keep EVERYONE safe and riding.

if i was the lead rider in a group such as this, with women and new riders, etc. i certainly would not attack the careless driver and involve everyone in the issue.

not trying to be a party pooper here but that's the way it is when you think about it.

Old 03-10-2008, 09:31 AM
pappy43
Tourer

I'm not so naive that I don't realize that $hit happens and I am not trying to belittle your confrontation, but, it reads like a situation that was badly handled by those involved.....and certainly not worth going to the hospital or gravejust to make a point. But, on the other handI can't say "I've been there, done that" so who knows. Just my .02.

Quick Reply: First road rage incident in cave creek