Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

RB Racing LSR 2-1 exhaust

Search this Thread

Old 03-17-2008, 04:03 PM
Beman
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: RB Racing LSR 2-1 exhaust

Mine took amost 12 weeks to get and it was worth it. I dont think most people uderstand the quality that these pipes are built to. I worked in a HD service department and travled the country working Sturgis to Daytona to Millwakee for dealerships and have not seen anything that is better in terms of quality. They are hand welded and cut put together perfectly and the gasket system is great compared to the metal mesh system on most types. You will need to get it tuned if you have feul injection or work on the jetting a little if you got a carb but they are a great set of pipes. I am biased thought cuz I ened up putting one on my bike. An LSR-2-1 black ceramic.

Old 03-25-2008, 02:54 PM
tshamba
Advanced

I am still waiting on my pipe to arrive, but I found this on-line today. LSR 2-1 http://media.putfile.com/9907

Old 03-26-2008, 01:46 AM
brad75raiders
Road Warrior
Received 55 Likes on 49 Posts

I sure would like to know why the price tag is so high? Custom made, ok hooker does that, much cheaper.(tuneable) Also are you guys talking about the stock motor? and if so have you noticed" BIG" improvments like Dyno hp difference? These pipes better massage my sack while Im riding for a grand. I could be wrong, I sure would love to see some PERSONAL dyno sheets,not the ones they put up on their site. I am not a disbeliever just a pessimist by nature,so unless I see some ## I wouldnt put out the $$ exp for a stock motor that gets minimal increase in power. for that price you could get your heads worked or by new ones flowed and see LARGE hp increases.I might catch **** for this but I DONT like bikers getting ripped of for $$ just because jo/schmo says his pipe will give you more hp.
Brad

Old 03-26-2008, 07:36 AM
vladt
Cruiser
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Beman: Would love to see some pics of your new pipes installed. Did you get headshields with yours?

tshamba: thanks for the link mate, I bet you can't 'wait for yours to come ah?

brad75raiders: you are a pessimist mate. What impresses me about RB racing is the amount of R&D this company have invested in. Based on their website, these guys understand the physics/thermodynamics required to create a good flowing exhaust system. They are not just a glorified copy of some1else's design with a different badge.

IMHO, if you want a custom made 2-1 exhaust system which actually improves performance of your bike throughout the bottom end and mid range there isn't much choice out there and I simply can't wait to get mine.

Old 03-26-2008, 11:22 PM
brad75raiders
Road Warrior
Received 55 Likes on 49 Posts

I wish you well and I hope you have good performance increase. I sure wish you would buy some branch heads and a cheaper 2into1 for about a grand you could see DOUBLE the hp gains,from just a good pipe.
Brad

Old 02-19-2009, 07:54 AM
havoc4sure
3rd Gear

This thread is a little long in the tooth... I have been looking at RB for while and just ordered the LSR 2-1 in Silver Ceramic for an 09 Ultra... does anyone have any photos or sound bits they can share? also, looks like you got your pipes about a year ago, how are working for you. Thanks

Old 02-19-2009, 02:39 PM
benwiggin2
Road Master

Originally Posted by havoc4sure
This thread is a little long in the tooth... I have been looking at RB for while and just ordered the LSR 2-1 in Silver Ceramic for an 09 Ultra... does anyone have any photos or sound bits they can share? also, looks like you got your pipes about a year ago, how are working for you. Thanks
Bad assed pipe. I'm gonna tag this thread. Be sure and post back up when you get the pipes. Did they provide any forecast on lead time?

Old 02-19-2009, 04:40 PM
BUSCHA
Tourer

I am interested in those too. I know that some members in the softail forum have these (e.g., "back again"). Maybe we could ask them for dyno sheets, etc. From memory, I think I read somewhere that they are not easy to tune.

Old 02-20-2009, 10:24 AM
havoc4sure
3rd Gear
Smile Additional Data

Once HD ships the bike and the dealership does the uprgades and I receive the pipes... I'll be sure to post some pics and dyno data.

I am doing the SE Stage IV upgrade, 103 upgrade with 110+ heads, 10.5 :1 pistons, TC-26 cams 58mm throttle body etc. amd the R&B exhaust!

Man I am PUMPED, I sold my other bike and am going crazy waiting!

These forums are kinda theraputic

Old 09-28-2010, 09:53 PM
fedeferr
Intermediate

ordered mine on august 20th and i got an e-mail with the tracking number yesterday, sept 27, 5 weeks so far, i haven't got it yet, but at least it seems that they have shipped it.
i'm really looking forward to put it on and dyno the bike, a couple of weeks ago my dealership was offering free dyno tests, i took the chance and got it done, the bike pulled out 77.43 pounds of torque and 73.85 horse powers.
i've sent an e-mail to rb with attached a copy of the dyno report to inform them about the results.
i have an 06 FLHX with stock engine, scraming eagle race tuner, air cleaner and rinehart true duals, i think this is one of the most popular configuration for twin cam baggers in the entire world.
i was basically telling the guys at RB that i was happy to have ordered their product, i loved the look, but, for the money they ask it better perform better than my actual configuration, otherwise would have been very hard to justify the more than 1.000 $ invested, especially while i decided to buy their product after carefully reading their web site (http://www.rbracing-rsr.com/index.htm) and getting convinced by their way to talk about performances and their experience.

this is the answer i got from them:

"We do not make predictions or guesses.

__________________________________________________ _________________________

Crystal ***** and Astrology

You win some, you lose some. Mostly we win. Like we always say it always depends on the tuner. This is not a parts changing business and we all know it's easiest to just change pipes and see what happens, but that's not science. The LSR 2-1 pipes, themselves, do not represent a "limit" as long as you choose the right pipe for your application. The rest of the equation is getting the parts and tuning to work together.

Just put the damn thing on the road, open her up, and see what she'll do. Let the metal scream."

with no signature...

not very encouraging nor professional...but...

at this stage i really can't wait to put the bike on the dyno, i'll get back here to tell you the results, we'll then see if these guys at RB are just full of ****, or if they really are worthed the money they charge.

fedeferr

Quick Reply: RB Racing LSR 2-1 exhaust