Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Best sounding V&H

Search this Thread

Old 03-30-2008, 10:08 AM
ericsenf
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Best sounding V&H

I am running the ProPipe 2-1. I really like the sound, it's deep, throaty, and really wakes up when I crack the throttle. I have seen some straight performance comparisons, and you will generally pull a better torque curve with the ProPipe. I personally still think my pipes are ugly, but they sound and perform great and that is why I selected them.

Old 03-30-2008, 12:05 PM
pingman68
Road Master
Received 135 Likes on 93 Posts

I have the BSS I thought it went with the lines ofmy bike better than the BR. The FXDC has that early 70's thing going on, and I think the BSS just fits better with that look.

I had the V&H slip-ons on my XL and I swear that seemed like a louder setup.

I much prefer the BSS, much deeper sound and produces alot more power than the free flowing slip-ons.

Old 03-31-2008, 08:14 PM
surfingspleen
Intermediate

Performance, torque, etc. aside, you can't beat two-into-ones for sound on a V-twin. "Deep," "mellow," "bass" and "potato" are words that come to mind. If sound is your concern, you want two-into-one without question.

Old 03-31-2008, 10:31 PM
Gunshow
Cruiser

ORIGINAL: surfingspleen

Performance, torque, etc. aside, you can't beat two-into-ones for sound on a V-twin. "Deep," "mellow," "bass" and "potato" are words that come to mind. If sound is your concern, you want two-into-one without question.
I disagree....sideshots sound better shhh...

Old 03-31-2008, 10:37 PM
Cloud09King
Road Warrior

+1 for the V&H BSS (if you want loud & strong).

Old 04-01-2008, 05:58 PM
2Wheels Engine or no
Intermediate

Thanks for all the input guys. It sounds like people are generally happy with the sound of both pipes. I liked the classic look of the BSS's a little better for the FXDC, so ordered a set from Rob's Cycle. I can live without slightlymore power I might have gotten from the 2into1s.

Old 04-01-2008, 06:28 PM
joeld0803
Cruiser

The V&H Big Radius 2:1's are quite with the stock baffle in them but they due have a deeper rumble. I removed the baffle andknocked out the center plug onthe inside to make it louder and reinstalled and it's pretty loud now and I didn't affect the performance because the cone part is still in there and unaffected which aids in the scavenging of the exhaust.

I went with the V&HFuel Pak to remap the ecm to get the performance right instead of SERT or having the Stealer Remap. Too expensive.

Old 04-12-2008, 09:44 AM
EZblueboy
4th Gear

I realy love my Big Shots!! At first I thought they were way too loud, but my friends and co-workers and even my neighbours love the deep sound, they say that'sjust the way a Harley should sound!
Little impression
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wwkiUprXnuo
Take care.

[IMG]local://upfiles/58197/11BBDF297D324D73ABABF6082B96A86C.jpg[/IMG]

Old 04-12-2008, 09:52 AM
ghostflamed
Road Captain
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Coming from BSS and then a Thunderheader 2:1 I have finally landed on the BR 2:1 and willbe keeping these bad boys on. DEEP rumble and the same torque and HP boost I became accoustomed to with the Thunderheader but w/o the Donkey Dick look. Besides, chicks dig 'em!

Old 04-12-2008, 10:18 AM
Lildude11d
Advanced

I don't have V&H but work and ride with a guy that just bought BSS. And they have adeasent soundto them with the baffles in.But my Samson Street Sweepers have alittle deeper sound to them a idle with thebaffles in.But on the road theyare nice and loud from behindthem. This coming from someone that is not an owner of V&H pipes.

Quick Reply: Best sounding V&H