Harley Davidson Forums

Harley Davidson Forums (https://www.hdforums.com/forum/)
-   Dyna Glide Models (https://www.hdforums.com/forum/dyna-glide-models-9/)
-   -   Best sounding V&H (https://www.hdforums.com/forum/dyna-glide-models/213520-best-sounding-v-and-h.html)

Sandhog 04-12-2008 11:32 AM

RE: Best sounding V&H

I have the Vance and Hines Big Shots on an 06 wide glide.
IMHO you wont loose much in way of preformance with the V&H pipes over a 2/1 pipe,due to the fact they are connected with a hidden crossover.I like the Big Shots because they cover the swing arm a bit more than the SS pipes.
I have Supertrapp 2 into 1 stainless steel pipes on an 84 FXR,and they sound good,but not as good as 1 3/4 drags that were on thee before.
The BR pipes have a downturn simular to the Sampson street sweepers.If you like shit being blown all over the place when you stop at a red light,then these are for you.Not good in a group,unless you like riding in the back and right.

2Wheels Engine or no 04-12-2008 11:58 AM

Just got the BSSs in the mail yesterday and installed them last night. Pretty easy install even working in a parkade with marginal tools :D Got it out for a short run and a brew afterwards.....pipes sound and look great. I don't think they're much louder than the V&H slip-ons I had (not that I wanted louder) but definately a deeper rumble. I decided that I like the classic look of the BSSs better than the 2into1s for the FXDC as Pingman noted.

Thanks again for all the input; this forum is a great resource.

pingman68 04-12-2008 02:02 PM

Glad to hear it. Post some pics when you get a chance.

Ride safe.

vandykemc 04-13-2008 10:23 AM

I have the V & H BSS and I love them. IMO they follow the lines on the bike, sound is great and performance + too. I moved to these from stock, so I'm not sure about the 2 into 1's.Just really are enjoying my set up now.

[IMG]local://upfiles/51694/5CE8529951CB4784A9A7D48DD91549F3.jpg[/IMG]

Elvis 04-13-2008 10:38 AM

+1 - V&H BSS...

22B 04-14-2008 05:32 PM

B.S.S. are the bees knees, loud and proud, deep and have that carby idle sound on a EFI motor. :D

I had S&S slipons before, good but prefer the look of the Vance and Hines on the Dynas

nearly went the V&H B.R. two into two or the V&H B.R. 2 into1, but they look better on softtails or choppers

when you fire these babys up outside a bar at nighttime, these puppys wake the DEAD. (drunk patrons) :D

P.S. these pipes are DYNO tuned with PC and filter = 77 hp @ wheels

[IMG]local://upfiles/18954/55F0185F20F94A27988A354DD3CBCB8D.jpg[/IMG]

RonnR 04-14-2008 05:38 PM

Another here for V&H BSS.. But I added the quiet baffles, richened the sound and improved the torque.. Very Pleased..

Trotter 04-14-2008 06:29 PM

Pro Pipe, Easy Call if you have to have Vance & Hines Stuff..Best sound and Performance ............ Every other bike out there has the rest of there Line...