Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Best sounding V&H

Search this Thread

Old 03-29-2008, 07:45 PM
2Wheels Engine or no
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Best sounding V&H

Trying to decide between the big radius 2into1 and the big shots. Would appreciate opinions on the sound comparison from anyone who's heard them.

I have V&H slip-ons now. My understanding is that the BR is quieter with a deeper sound than the BSS? Are they deeper/louder than the slip-ons?

Thanks

Old 03-29-2008, 07:49 PM
BLade1127
Road Warrior
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Best sounding V&H

Depends on what you are going for. Design? Sound? Loud? Deep?

The 2-1 are going to be a little quieter. You can put Quiet Baffles in the BSS and quiet them down a little, plus gives them a deeper growl.

Old 03-29-2008, 08:13 PM
2Wheels Engine or no
Intermediate

Looks wise I'm slightly leaning towards the 2into1. Does anyone know how the loudness of the 2into 1 and the BSS compare to the straight-shot slip-ons?

Old 03-29-2008, 08:15 PM
BLade1127
Road Warrior

Do you have the HS Slip-ons? If so, they are about the same loudness as the BSS. A friend has them on her 1200 Sporty, and they're as loud as mine.

Old 03-30-2008, 07:32 AM
04fxdwgi
Cruiser

ORIGINAL: 2Wheels Engine or no

Trying to decide between the big radius 2into1 and the big shots. Would appreciate opinions on the sound comparison from anyone who's heard them.

I have V&H slip-ons now. My understanding is that the BR is quieter with a deeper sound than the BSS? Are they deeper/louder than the slip-ons?

Thanks
I like the BSS w/ the quiet baffles myself. Deep rumble / keep neighbors happy. Just my humble opinion.

[IMG]local://upfiles/45618/8D552D427B614C1184169AA43DDE953C.jpg[/IMG]

Old 03-30-2008, 07:39 AM
domenicp7
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts

+1

Old 03-30-2008, 07:45 AM
Punty
Road Warrior

It is alot like asking someone what type of music should I listen to.

Go to youtube and type in the types of pipes you are looking at, there are many sound clips.

Good Luck

Old 03-30-2008, 07:57 AM
encorebilly
Advanced

ORIGINAL: 2Wheels Engine or no

Thanks
Took off the slip-ons put on the bss,they are quiet a bit louder with a deeper sound.From the highway,1/4 mile, to the house wife says she can tell a world of diff.
Sure sound alot deeper and to me better then theHS slip-ons.2007 Lowrider with se a/c and fuel pak.Do not sound tinny to me and are surly not as tinny sounding as the slip-ons.
Went fron SE to cycle shack to hs slip-ons andf these are by far the best sounding and the bike performs a lot nicer.

Old 03-30-2008, 08:33 AM
twofish
Road Master

The 2 into 1 has the best performance and deepest sound.
I like the looks and sound of the 2 into 2 Short Shots (loud).
The long shots are not quite as loud, deeper but still loud.
Tough call.

Old 03-30-2008, 08:42 AM
Biggol
Road Warrior

I rode yesterday with a couple of guys. I have straightshot HSs. One of them had Big Shot Staggerds and the other had Big Radius pipes. All of them were loud but in different ways.

Mine sounded the deepest but has a high tinny sounding overlay I can only hear when I'm riding beside some concrete walls, so I guess everyone else can hear it. The BSS pipes were a little more baritone but had a throatier "cough" sound for lack of better word. They sounded pretty good. The Big Radius pipes sounded like a bunch of bullets being fired and I wasn't quite sure if I liked them or not.

The three bikes together were rediculously loud and covered a full sound spectrum if we were aggressive on the throttle. I rode in the rear and there was so much popping and pinging coming from in front of me I had to keep checking to make sure I didn't have any gravel or sand stuck in my front brake or wheel assembly.

Fun ride though. If you go to V&H webiste they have sound clips you can listen too. Eventually I'll be upgrading to a 2-n-1 setup for added performace and a little less noise. That rapid idle on a carb bike @ 5am throws too much sound down my cul-de-sac and I'm sure the neighbors don't always appreciate it.

Quick Reply: Best sounding V&H