Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

LePera - Quality and Fit?

Search this Thread

Old 04-01-2008, 09:56 AM
PsTaN
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default LePera - Quality and Fit?

Inever seem tokeep a seat that long on my bike .... always something not to my liking or some quality issue that bothers me. I currently have a Screaming Eagle Seat and thequality is shoddy at best, although I love the low seat height it offers.

Lately I've noticed quite a few of you have gone to LePera seats... mostly Bare Bones. I've been looking at a Silhouete 2-UP or a Daytona 2-UP for my bike. So ... I'd appreciate any comments from thoseof you that have LePera seats on thier quality and fitment.Pictures are always welcome !!

Thanks much ....

PsTaN

Old 04-01-2008, 10:08 AM
jmpancoast
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: LePera - Quality and Fit?

Just got my Bare Bones last week. Weather has sucked here so only got about 50 miles on it. Got it from Robs Cycle Supply for $143.00 shipped on eBay.

I was impressed when I got it. The vinyl seems a lot thicker and heavier than whats was on the Harley seat. At first touch, it seems hard as hell, but there is a fair amount of very dense foam under that vinyl. What few miles I have on it were pretty comfortable. The bottom is lined with carpet to protect the paint. This is something the harley seats need. I have spent a fair amount of time cleaning up scrathces and rub marks from them.

Hope this helps even though it only reviews short ownership of a solo.

Old 04-01-2008, 10:14 AM
glide05
Road Warrior

I just got a silhouette seat last week - essentially a bare bones.

Got in about 25 miles on Sunday -

I agree with everything jmpancoast mentioned - top quality - seems hard - but for my shourt ride - quite comfortable - looks good too.

Old 04-01-2008, 10:18 AM
ZeroFiveFour
Road Warrior
Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

I've had my bare bonessince last fall.

Top Notch quality, Fit on the bike is superb.
It's much more comfy than you would expect from a seat as thin as it is. I dont think you would want to tour on it though.

I have no complaints at all. It has exceeded my expectations in every regard.

Cheers,

Tom

Old 04-01-2008, 10:47 AM
Scooter Wench
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Just got my barebones last week as well. Haven't done too much riding due to weather and other obligations[sm=boosign.gif]

But so far I love the fit, the feel, the look and everything about it.

As mentioned above, I don't know if you would want to do x-country on it, but should be fine for regional riding. I think it's quite comfortable even though it doesn't look like it would be.

[IMG]local://upfiles/54240/BE46842874AA47F1A9E82E85CEC34689.jpg[/IMG]

Old 04-01-2008, 11:09 AM
ridinlow
Intermediate
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I have a LePera Silouette(with gel) on my '05 "LowRider". It has been a very comfortable seat. Quality is excellent. Got the solo seat and the passenger pillion just in case the OL wants to ride. Have been on a couple of rides through CA, NV, ARIZ, UT, ORE, WASH, CAN, MONT and ID. 3,000 miles +. I think the secret to the comfort is the gel. I would definately recommend the gel seat.

Old 04-01-2008, 11:28 AM
West_Tn_Biker
Cruiser

I have the barebones with gel. I have no problem doing 400 or 500 miles a day on it even for my sorry old a$$
West

Old 04-01-2008, 11:36 AM
RA51
Road Master
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I have the Daytona 2 up smooth, quality good, looks good on bike, fits good. Hard on the tail if riding 2 hrs or more. Around town is fine, when I go for long rides I switch seats.

Old 04-01-2008, 11:34 PM
PsTaN
Road Master

Thanks to all that have posted .... the info is much appreciated!! I've run a couple of searches here and came across a thread by "Special Ed" that indicated LePera is no longer making a pillion for the BareBones .... anyone got a definitive answer on that? The lack of a pillion for the BareBones makes me wonder whether the pillion for the Silhouete solo was droppedas well .... which is why I am consideringone of the 2-ups in the Silhouete line. I want a seat that is low-profile and sits you "in" the bike.

Thanks again ...

PsTaN

Old 04-02-2008, 12:20 AM
vdodgy
5th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ORIGINAL: PsTaN

I never seem to keep a seat that long on my bike .... always something not to my liking or some quality issue that bothers me. I currently have a Screaming Eagle Seat and the quality is shoddy at best, although I love the low seat height it offers.

Lately I've noticed quite a few of you have gone to LePera seats ... mostly Bare Bones. I've been looking at a Silhouete 2-UP or a Daytona 2-UP for my bike. So ... I'd appreciate any comments from those of you that have LePera seats on thier quality and fitment. Pictures are always welcome !!

Thanks much ....

PsTaN
Bob LePera Jr. made this custom seat for me - unbelievably comfortable...

[IMG]local://upfiles/50555/A8C13ED9AF2A44BEBAFA03F5DCB225F9.jpg[/IMG]

Quick Reply: LePera - Quality and Fit?