Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

07 SB stock exaust support

Search this Thread

Old 04-09-2008, 02:40 PM
theroadking
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 07 SB stock exaust support

Hey guys

So I put some new reinharts on the SB last week and they dont utilize the stock exasust support off the bottom of the motor, dealer said it woult take 6 hrs. to take it off? Is this true or is there a better way to deal with it

Old 04-09-2008, 02:45 PM
2007fxdc
Elite HDF Member
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
Default RE: 07 SB stock exaust support

ORIGINAL: theroadking

Hey guys

So I put some new reinharts on the SB last week and they dont utilize the stock exasust support off the bottom of the motor, dealer said it woult take 6 hrs. to take it off? Is this true or is there a better way to deal with it
You are joking right? 6 hours?

The dealer left mine on too when they installed my Big Radius pipes. Believe it or not, there is a special tool called an exhaust bracket removal tool that you use to slide between the frame and the motor to remove the screws that hold that thing on there. Someone sent me one to use a while back but I discovered that I could not get it in there with the pipes on the bike. I didn't want it off bad enough to remove the pipes so I left it there and sent the tool back. But, bottom line is, worst case, you'd remove the bottom pipe, remove the bracket, and put the pipe back on. No way that takes 6 hours. And, depending on where your pipe sits, you may not even have to remove yours to get it off.

Come on now, did the dealer really keep a straight face when they said 6 hours? You didn't ask them on April 1st did you by chance?

Old 04-09-2008, 02:52 PM
theroadking
Intermediate

They said this over the phone. They said they would have to drop the motor and such, I didnt think that this sounded right. I had them install the pipes as I was having it dyno'ed at the same time I just figured they were being lazy and didn't want the bike back in to do this when I complained that they didn't tell me this would be left on when they sold me the pipes. and I do have a clear shot at it.

Old 04-09-2008, 02:53 PM
2007fxdc
Elite HDF Member

This is the tool from the drag specialties website. It's a shame to have to buy a special tool you may only use once.

[IMG]local://upfiles/41150/25D9F3FF6A864E459262CEA77F22E262.jpg[/IMG]

Old 04-09-2008, 02:54 PM
2007fxdc
Elite HDF Member

They said this over the phone. They said they would have to drop the motor and such, I didnt think that this sounded right. I had them install the pipes as I was having it dyno'ed at the same time I just figured they were being lazy and didn't want the bike back in to do this when I complained that they didn't tell me this would be left on when they sold me the pipes. and I do have a clear shot at it.
Run, do not walk, run away from these service techs. They are obviously clueless.

Either that, or take it in there and tell them you want it removed and demand to watch them do it. See if it really takes them 6 hours. LMAO

If they installed the pipes, they should be responsible for removing the bracket (good luck with that). I'd love to be there as you walk in the door with that tool in hand and tell them to remove the bracket for you.

Old 04-09-2008, 03:01 PM
theroadking
Intermediate

Wow, now I really have to wonder if if Just got a canned map and got charged for a full dyno. Ino faith in stealers tech peopleanymore.

Old 04-09-2008, 03:08 PM
2007fxdc
Elite HDF Member

Wow, now I really have to wonder if if Just got a canned map and got charged for a full dyno. Ino faith in stealers tech peopleanymore.
Yep, I lost that lovin' feeling when I took my bike in for its first service (1K) and was told it would take an hour and a half and they were done in a half hour. But they still charged me for an hour and a half and claimed they put 3 guys on it to get me out of there faster. Aren't I special? I know all they did was change the oil. I went back with a friend for his 5K service and state inspection. We were at the service counter about to pay for the service when a tech comes screamin around the cornersaying "hold on". He said, "I forgot to add the inspection to the ticket, so I only charged him for the "oil change". Oil change huh? And what did you do for the other $120? Nope, since then I've bought a lift and a bunch of tools and I'm doing whatever I can myself. Whatever I can't, is going to an indy.

Old 04-09-2008, 03:22 PM
theroadking
Intermediate

Thanks for info I'm glad there are forums like these here to help guys out and save them some $$$$$

Old 04-09-2008, 04:05 PM
Travlinman314
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I thought this forum was going to save me money too!

Turns out, my bike would have stayed pretty much stock if I never found this forum.

So far, I've tallied up about $2,000 in mods, what a savings!

But in reality, what I did would have cost at least 4 times more if done at a dealer, if not more!

Damn Forum......[:@]

Old 04-09-2008, 05:06 PM
theroadking
Intermediate

ORIGINAL: Travlinman314

I thought this forum was going to save me money too!

Turns out, my bike would have stayed pretty much stock if I never found this forum.

So far, I've tallied up about $2,000 in mods, what a savings!

But in reality, what I did would have cost at least 4 times more if done at a dealer, if not more!

Damn Forum......[:@]
I hear ya there but I would rather spend money on parts for my scoot than give it for rip off service.

Are those bolts holding back any oil from anywere?

Quick Reply: 07 SB stock exaust support