Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

My Two Wheel Casket!

Search this Thread

Old 04-13-2008, 09:44 AM
CSA
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default My Two Wheel Casket!

Hope this isn't to touchy a subject for some.

Yesterday was great rode out on the I5 peg 70 and 80 and just rolled. Bike needed it too. I have been putting around town it was nice to let the horse stretch its legs! I stopped by a buddy's house. We drove fuel truck together for many years. He is originaly from Moscow, Russia! Great Guy! One thing I will say about Russian folks are they are hard to befriend but once they are, they will move heaven and earth for you. Your in the club so to speak! When I went buy his house his Daughter and Wife were outside washing a car and soaking up the sun. My buddy was on his way home and was gonna meet me at his house. As soon as I drove up I saw the look on his daughters face and said to myself. "HOOKED!" you could just see it. The wide grin gives it away. She got on the bike and sat on it for an hour. I think I can safely say that she has the same DNA Code, Gene, etc.....as most on this board. I posted a few shots of her sitting on the bike. See Below.

My Buddy arrives home with another guy that I also drove with for many years and they both get out of the car and say right off, "Nice two wheel casket!" First off you don't say that to Rider. God love'em but they don't get the Motorcycle thing. They don't have the gene! Every Rider looks at himself in the mirror and weighs the risk. Just being on this board tells you the choice I made ....as well as all that are here! It's not about just living, it's about how you live life! I feel sorry for those that live so cautiously they never live life. The feeling you get from riding is what makes life valuable!

Ok Sermons over.............I leave to Ride!

Old 04-13-2008, 09:49 AM
cwalms
Cruiser
Default RE: My Two Wheel Casket!

Definitely not a cool thing to say.

Old 04-13-2008, 10:03 AM
2007fxdc
Elite HDF Member
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

I guess mother's get an exception to saying things like that. But, when I got my bike, my mother said "well, at least I know how you've decided to kill yourself!".

Old 04-13-2008, 10:08 AM
CSA
Road Master

ORIGINAL: 2007fxdc

I guess mother's get an exception to saying things like that. But, when I got my bike, my mother said "well, at least I know how you've decided to kill yourself!".
Exactly!!

To them you have chosen to kill yourself and to you, and the rest of us, we have chosen to enjoy living! I like our take on it much better!

Old 04-13-2008, 10:08 AM
Wireguided
Road Master

My mom ,dad and brother all have riden or ride so iam lucky there ....but my wife has no interest as of yet.
Im sure when nice weather is out she may change her mind .

Old 04-13-2008, 10:11 AM
CSA
Road Master

ORIGINAL: Wireguided

My mom ,dad and brother all have riden or ride so iam lucky there ....but my wife has no interest as of yet.
Im sure when nice weather is out she may change her mind .
WG if she isn't giving you the death speach she may be on your side of the fence.

My father and I are like best friends. We talk about everything. HA HATES BIKES!!! They are suicide machines to him. I still haven't told him I am riding again!

Old 04-13-2008, 10:18 AM
RetiredChief
Intermediate

Waut till your buddies daughter decides to get one!

Old 04-13-2008, 10:24 AM
CSA
Road Master

ORIGINAL: RetiredChief

Waut till your buddies daughter decides to get one!
Hehehehe!!

Or get a boyfriend that has one. LOL!!!

Old 04-13-2008, 11:02 AM
Scooter Wench
Road Captain

I had a friend recently who sold her sportster because she had a friend who was killed on a bike and she was just too afraid to ride hers anymore. I figure if she's afraid then she probably shouldn't be on a bike anyway. I'm never afraid, but always carry a healthy respect for the machine and the fact that I am more vulnerable on it. I am ten times more aware of what's happening around me when I'm on my bike. I'm always scanning, always looking for the unexpected.

That being said. If I come to meet my maker while on the back of my bike, you can be assured that I went doing something that I absolutely love to do. If I have to leave this world, then let me do it on the back of my Harley.

Old 04-13-2008, 11:37 AM
BLade1127
Road Warrior
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

My last girlfriend has a sister who is an EMT Paramedic, and she calls them "donorcycles." She always tried to send us pics and stories of what happened in the motorcycle wrecks she responded to. Neither of us really enjoyed that at all, and just kept riding.

Quick Reply: My Two Wheel Casket!