Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Night Train or Street Bob ????? I'm a Harley Whore. What to buy for local rides?

Search this Thread

Old 02-16-2006, 12:44 PM
bobcowan
Road Warrior
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Night Train or Street Bob ????? I'm a Harley *****. What to buy for local rides?

Which one gives you the biggest woody? Buy that one.

Old 02-16-2006, 01:08 PM
fl_799
Road Master
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default RE: Night Train or Street Bob ????? I'm a Harley *****. What to buy for local rides?

I owned a Nighttrain and now an 06 35th Superglide. I'll say Street Bob all the way. The Street bob is is one of the coolest bikes to EVER hit the streets.

On top of that, you get the updated TC engine, 6 speed trannd and fat front end.

Friends who are looking for a new HD.....I tell 'em look no furthur then the 'Bob. Nuff said.

Old 02-16-2006, 01:15 PM
sporty2003
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ride them both . then make your call it's you thats got to be happy

Old 02-16-2006, 01:40 PM
gottadoo
5th Gear

??? The motor is the same in both bikes, so I'm not sure what you'r referring to in terms of "more potential".
[/quote]

yes there is a difference, i'm sure someone will explain the advantages of a B vs an A engine .

Old 02-16-2006, 02:25 PM
tb2377
Tourer

i would have gotten the night train if i could of afforded it. i love the way it look, i demo rode an 05 last year and was very comfortable on it, but i do love my bobber. the night train just has more options as far as bolt on peices from the after market. we are all still trying to figure out the best way to progam the the fuel injection systems for the small asortment of aftermarket pipes. the ride is nice and plenty of power. handles incredibly. best value in harleys line up.

Old 02-16-2006, 05:13 PM
grizzly
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: gottadoo

??? The motor is the same in both bikes, so I'm not sure what you'r referring to in terms of "more potential".

yes there is a difference, i'm sure someone will explain the advantages of a B vs an A engine .
[/quote]
Yes, there is a difference in the motors. The 88B in Softtails has a chain driven counter balancer ran off the fly wheel. It rotates 180 degrees opposite of the flywheel, in order to reduce vibration from the rigid mounted engine. You cannot make radical changes to the motor, as RPMS over 7000 will cause the chain to break....and bad things will happen. The simplicity of the "A" motor, allows for more radical engine upgrades, and vibration is not an issue as Dynas and Touring models are rubber mounted. (like the new Sporties....old (03 and back) Sportsters are not rubber mounted, not counter balanced, NOT vibration free)

Plus Dynas are cooler![8D]

Old 02-16-2006, 05:21 PM
The Punisher
Banned

I had been wanting to buy a Harley for the last couple of years and the Night Train was my bike of choice, that was until they release the Street Bob. I was instantly sold the second I saw it. It was not evena question of money, because I had been planning for the purchase of the Night Train anyway. I am very happy with my choice and I think the motor in the Dyna's is better than that of the counter balanced one's in the soft tails. that's just my $.02.

Old 02-16-2006, 05:40 PM
DyNaBoB
Elite HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

hey tda69 they have a totaly diff motor the dynas have a rubber mount and a softtail has a ridgid ballenced motor and you get more rpms out of a dyna type a motor

Old 02-16-2006, 05:58 PM
LouieWideGlide
Cruiser

Dyna's forever!![sm=biker.gif]

Old 02-16-2006, 06:57 PM
wild wally
Road Master

ORIGINAL: tda69

It's not the same motor, as mentioned already it's unbalanced, but also:

"Other fundamental upgrades to the Dyna powertrain are invisible to the naked eye, residing mostly in the cam case where redesigned cam chains are now tensioned by hydraulic units instead of springs, and the cam bearings have been changed from rollers to plain. The camshafts themselves have been redesigned as component assemblies consisting of separate lobes and sprockets pressed onto a
knurled shaft, and the camshaft is now secured to the output sprocket with a bolt screwed into the shaft end. Adjacent to the cam case is a higher-output oil pump to satisfy the needs of the new bearings and hydraulics. The pump’s capacity provides 10 percent more supply and 25 percent more scavenging than its predecessor, and what’s more, the oil no longer flows between the pump and the oil tank via external lines. Channels have been machined into the motor/tranny interface instead, and the result is a less vulnerable supply and a cleaner appearance to the motor. As noted, all of these important improvements to the Twin Cam are found exclusively on the Dyna models this year, but they beg the assumption that they’ll be migrating across the rest of the Harley stable for ’07.
Yet another hidden Dyna-exclusive upgrade is the use of electronic fuel injection as standard equipment on all models, and it’s not the same EFI offered elsewhere in the lineup. This EFI is a closed-loop system that uses an O2 sensor in the exhaust to give fuel mixture feedback to the control module from that side of the combustion cycle. It’s a smarter system than the open-loop approach, and it performs brilliantly. It’s a fast starter under any and all conditions, and it evidences no quirks of any kind either under acceleration or under engine braking. The potential customizing drawback of the closed loop comes when considering an aftermarket exhaust system to replace the stock setup, since you have to retain the O2 sensor circuit."

(quoted from www.thunderpress.net)

Wally

Quick Reply: Night Train or Street Bob ????? I'm a Harley Whore. What to buy for local rides?