Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Advice on a two comfortable up-seat (Fat Bob)

Search this Thread

Old 05-03-2008, 11:19 AM
wrobo13
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Advice on a two comfortable up-seat (Fat Bob)

Okay guys, I took my wife for a ride yesterday on the Fat Bob (stock seat) and 30 minutes into it, she is telling me she’s sore already.

Anyone ride two-up often, and recommend a good comfortable seat that I can stick on during the occasional two-up ride that we do? I would like it to have a backrest just to make it that much more enjoyable of a ride for her, but not looking to sacrifice all looks.

My wife told me that at one point, she was ready to let go and take the pavement beating over the pain in her groin area from the seat. I guess it’s just the way the seat is designed; she really just startles the seat instead of sitting on it. Not a very big girl either (135lbs).

Thanks for the help.

Old 05-03-2008, 11:30 AM
rhinoWErX
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Advice on a two comfortable up-seat (Fat Bob)

[sm=popcorn.gif]

Old 05-03-2008, 11:51 AM
deanz
Cruiser

[sm=popcorn.gif]

Old 05-03-2008, 11:52 AM
ratpack enforcer
Advanced

I got a Sundowner and back rest. My wife love's it she said it is very comfortable. Has no prob jumping on the bike with me and going 100 miles.

Old 05-03-2008, 12:02 PM
rhinoWErX
Tourer

[sm=ttiwwp.gif]

Old 05-03-2008, 12:03 PM
voyager1
Outstanding HDF Member

She will like the Sundowner

Old 05-03-2008, 01:26 PM
Dutch550
Tourer

I have a fat bob as well and my wife complained about the same thing. So I got the hd detatchable back rest and bought the rallyrunner from hd. The back rest comes off in seconds so I dont lose the sleek look and the rallyrunner seat is a nice looking seat I think it looks better than the sundowner. My wife also loves the new seat she says it is really comfortable. I ride two up most of the time and we can do well over 150 miles back to back days and she never complains. I would definatley get the detactchable backrest if I were you it helps a lot.

Old 05-03-2008, 10:03 PM
Bamboo
Cruiser

ORIGINAL: ratpack enforcer

I got a Sundowner and back rest. My wife love's it she said it is very comfortable. Has no prob jumping on the bike with me and going 100 miles.
Did the same. She likes it but I don't! Looks like crap on the bike and for me not as comfy as stock.

Old 05-03-2008, 10:39 PM
arnold
Road Master
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

The stock Bob seat should not even be called a two up, it sucks for the rider, the mounting bolts and hardware are not padded worth a ****, my ole lady was getting a bolt up the *** every time we hit a bump. I got the sundowner, it sucks for me was great for her, 11 inches wide and deep for pasanger, too high and moved me up. The stock seat is really good for the rider, so I took the sundowner back and put stock back on with a backrest and a built up strap on pad on the back.
Im going with a lepera bare bones next and a p pad on back, just got to find the right p pad. Lower the better, and I have put many a mile on a bare bones.

Old 05-03-2008, 10:45 PM
mud
muderator
Received 8,807 Likes on 2,070 Posts

ORIGINAL: wrobo13

Okay guys, I took my wife for a ride yesterday on the Fat Bob (stock seat) and 30 minutes into it, she is telling me she’s sore already.

Anyone ride two-up often, and recommend a good comfortable seat that I can stick on during the occasional two-up ride that we do? I would like it to have a backrest just to make it that much more enjoyable of a ride for her, but not looking to sacrifice all looks.

My wife told me that at one point, she was ready to let go and take the pavement beating over the pain in her groin area from the seat. I guess it’s just the way the seat is designed;

she really just startles the seat

instead of sitting on it. Not a very big girl either (135lbs).

Thanks for the help.

robo, she startles the seat????

I would really like to see a picture of this.

mud

Quick Reply: Advice on a two comfortable up-seat (Fat Bob)