Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

06 Dyna SB duel Brembo done!

Search this Thread

Old 06-01-2008, 01:51 PM
mud
muderator
Received 8,818 Likes on 2,071 Posts
Default RE: 06 Dyna SB duel Brembo done!

ORIGINAL: the metal

60 days to change out fork internals, cut the springs (eesh) and machine a spacer......
man, that's guy will be stoked to get his bike back when you finish up in 2-3 months.

that's FASTharley

metal there is no need for this sort of crap.

Keep your fingers away from the keyboard if this is all ya got.

You've outright called Howard dishonest a month or so ago
without offering any proof of that.

You were banned as hmmr,
and as sofa king band.

Dumb luck has it that Terry isn't on to your new internet identity.

I was onto your new screen name the first day I saw you typing here.
I can't ban anyone. If I could, it would be you.

Your new signature - you can't kill the metal -
is way off. A single keystroke can make the metal
completely disappear from this forum.

Then you could sneak back in as some other identity.

Old 06-01-2008, 02:20 PM
Terry TK
Big Kahuna HDF Member
Received 154 Likes on 52 Posts

"The Metal" has been taken care of.

Old 06-05-2008, 01:14 PM
Dan B
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Fast Harley,

Any updates?

I´m following this thread to learn for my winter project, putting a pair of double Brembo calipers on my SG-06.
I´ve got a pair of V-rod lower legs at home and a pair of brembo calipers (one of them on the bike right now).

So one needs a pair of v-rod damper tubes, and a pair of tube lower stops to get the V-rod lowers legs to accept the SB/SG slider tube ?
What about the spring in the lower legs? Does this also need to be exchanged to the V-rods?
(because of the more narrow V-rod damper tube?).

Thanks/Dan
06 SG
&nbsp\\;
Edited for spelling, English is not my first language.

Old 06-05-2008, 01:21 PM
first dyna 07
Road Master

I think it should look very cool , just need to see some picture when your ready.

Old 06-07-2008, 02:16 PM
FastHarley
Former Sponsor
Received 441 Likes on 246 Posts

All finished except for the 12” braided lines I ordered from drag.&nbsp\\;\\\\\\; [ol][*]The calipers fit exactly on the rotors as they should be.&nbsp\\;\\\\\\; The distance between wheel rotor flange to wheel rotor flange on the spoked wheel (stock 06 SB) is exactly in the center of the Brembo calipers using V-Rod (late model) lowers.&nbsp\\;\\\\\\;&nbsp\\;\\\\\\;[*]The stock Harley SB spacers are cut from the factory the wrong length to make the forks slide up and down freely without stiction.&nbsp\\;\\\\\\;&nbsp\\;\\\\\\;[*]New spacers must be used to correct the MOCO’s mistake.&nbsp\\;\\\\\\; [ol][*]You must cut the right hand axle spacer first to center the rotors in the calipers than[*]cut the left side (nut side) axle spacer to correct the problem of the forks being pinched together.&nbsp\\;\\\\\\;&nbsp\\;\\\\\\;[*]Jay’s was off 0.050” causing the forks to be pulled together and not centered in the guide bushings located inside of the lowers/fork tubes.&nbsp\\;\\\\\\;[/ol][*]The forks are the exact same length as stock 06 SB.&nbsp\\;\\\\\\;&nbsp\\;\\\\\\;[*]The stock SB fender bolted right up as shown.&nbsp\\;\\\\\\; No issues what so ever.&nbsp\\;\\\\\\;&nbsp\\;\\\\\\;[*]The internals as far as springs are unchanged except we either put in cartridge emulators and new linear springs or (as not in Jay risks case) we can put in new X-Fctor cartridges &amp\\;\\\\\\; custom springs.&nbsp\\;\\\\\\;&nbsp\\;\\\\\\;[*]We are in there anyhow so we rebuilt Jays front end and did installed the emulators &amp\\;\\\\\\; springs at no extra labor (as in free) cost to Jay.&nbsp\\;\\\\\\;&nbsp\\;\\\\\\;[*]Stock crap will work with the exception of the seat pipes.&nbsp\\;\\\\\\; SB seat pipes will not work.&nbsp\\;\\\\\\;&nbsp\\;\\\\\\;[*]In all cases the internal V-Rod suspension will not work at all except if you purchase extended fork tubes, new springs and devise a way to make the springs longer.&nbsp\\;\\\\\\;&nbsp\\;\\\\\\;[ol][*]The valving also must be made to work for a SB as the valving on a V-Rod might be too harsh and give a unwanted ride characteristic.&nbsp\\;\\\\\\;[*]A V-Rod front end put on a Dyna is 2” shorter than stock.&nbsp\\;\\\\\\;&nbsp\\;\\\\\\;[*]To my knowledge there is no other way to make this conversion work properly without making your own internal parts.&nbsp\\;\\\\\\;&nbsp\\;\\\\\\;[*]In order to make the part economically, a minimum of 100 pieces (50 pairs) must be made.&nbsp\\;\\\\\\;&nbsp\\;\\\\\\;[/ol][/ol]Good luck on your conversion.&nbsp\\;\\\\\\; I am sure that Jay Risk can add to the actual testing of this front end.&nbsp\\;\\\\\\; Since we are in the business of suspension I know there will be no ride issues other than what is inherent to a stock 06 Street Bob except when you brake.&nbsp\\;\\\\\\; Braking is what Jay can tell you first hand.&nbsp\\;\\\\\\; I hope this can help you decide &amp\\;\\\\\\; give you clear and honest information.&nbsp\\;\\\\\\; I hope this is OK without the back slashes!

Old 06-08-2008, 03:50 PM
Dan B
Cruiser

Thanks Fastharley!
&nbsp\\;
Jay, any input?
&nbsp\\;
/Dan

Old 06-11-2008, 09:45 AM
Jay Risk
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Dan,&nbsp\\; I haven't gotten the front end back, yet, so I can't comment about the ride/braking, but I can say this:&nbsp\\; Howard is a stand-up guy who takes pride in his work, and he is a pro when it comes to the physics of suspensions.&nbsp\\; He knows his stuff, inside and out.
Jay

Old 06-12-2008, 05:03 PM
FastHarley
Former Sponsor

Well Jay, It is 5:57pm &amp\\; I have yor lines on and I am ready to pack it up in boxes tonight to ship tomorrow.&nbsp\\; A long time waiting on parts from all vendors.&nbsp\\; I still say pick up the bike in place of other commitments on Saturday except, of course the bike is not done, than you can do whatever comes up.&nbsp\\; Remember, You can always rebuild your Harley!&nbsp\\; It is your friend.&nbsp\\; Photos to follow &amp\\; I will e-Mail you the full sized ones.

No photos can ber uploaded!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!&nbsp\\; Problems with the site!

Old 06-12-2008, 05:50 PM
FastHarley
Former Sponsor

photo

[IMG]local://upfiles/29413/BB87E778571644D2982AAA8B5A7FCFB9.jpg[/IMG]

Old 06-12-2008, 05:53 PM
FastHarley
Former Sponsor

photo 2

[IMG]local://upfiles/29413/C62382E2F8FF4AEE9BAF25FE8789B819.jpg[/IMG]

Quick Reply: 06 Dyna SB duel Brembo done!