Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

08 DYNA BRAKES

Search this Thread

Old 06-05-2008, 10:51 PM
cmonster
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 08 DYNA BRAKES

is it just me or are the brakes on an 08fxdc pretty poor?got 700 mi on it now and figured thed be seated in by now if that was the problem,but no improvement.also rear pedal seems to have a lot of travel for a hydraulic brake setup,wondered if this was normal before i complained to the dealer who will always say" yup thats normal "lol&nbsp\\;&nbsp\\;&nbsp\\;

Old 06-06-2008, 02:02 AM
Purnong
Novice
Default RE: 08 DYNA BRAKES

Thats my same exact impression so I dont think it is just you
The brakes on my 08 FXDC are hardly confidence inspiring and the rear pedal does seem to have far too much travel
I'm going to do the first service soon and will adjust the rear pedal and look into some better brake pads
I have about the same amount of miles on mine so maybe they do need more time to bed in but I doubt it, just crap pads I think

Old 06-06-2008, 07:41 AM
ColoSpgsMark
Road Captain

I just ordered a set of Lyndall z-plus pads and will have them on in the next weeks. These just came available for our bikes in the last couple days. They'll have them packaged in about 1-2 weeks, but will ship them unpackaged if you give them a call.

http://www.lyndallracingbrakes.com/a...ide-harley.htm

Mark

Old 06-06-2008, 08:32 AM
jbphoto
Road Warrior
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

ORIGINAL: ColoSpgsMark

I just ordered a set of Lyndall z-plus pads and will have them on in the next weeks. These just came available for our bikes in the last couple days. They'll have them packaged in about 1-2 weeks, but will ship them unpackaged if you give them a call.

http://www.lyndallracingbrakes.com/a...ide-harley.htm

Mark
Be sure to post how much improvement you get.&nbsp\\;

Old 06-06-2008, 08:48 AM
jluvs2ride
Elite HDF Member
Location: Back in the Good Ole USA. South Carolina to be exact.
Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts

The brakes on my 08 Fat Bob are a lot better than on my 94 LowRider. I think the pedal travel can be adjusted somewhat. The problem I have is that it is uncomfortable to turn my foot to the left to get it on the pedal. I was wondering if a bigger pedal would be better as it would be closer to my foot.

Old 06-06-2008, 08:52 AM
wbogley
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Hopefully the 2009 dynas get the Brembos with ABS.&nbsp\\; They are SWEET on the touring bikes!&nbsp\\; The stop really really well!

Old 06-06-2008, 09:09 AM
megawatt
Road Warrior
Received 63 Likes on 56 Posts

I'm thinking you guys have got an air bubble hiding in your systems.
I am using the brakes off a 2003 FXSTI on my bike. The rear brake was soft and disappointing until I replaced the pads. During the process of changing the pads I had to push the old pads away from contacting the brake rotor. Doing that probably pushed the air bubble I had back into the master cylinder which got rid of it.
It is the same action as when the brake system is bled by using a Phoenix Injector (or something similar) and "reverse" bleeding the system.

Old 06-06-2008, 09:33 AM
Grizzbare
Tourer
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

well I know my rears work well enough in a recent emergency stop to save me from t-bone-ing an idiot that had fogged windows and cut in front of me ... but I am always looking for more stopping power....

Old 06-06-2008, 11:02 AM
cmonster
Tourer

wsa kinda thinking the same about the air bubble,gonna give it a little while if no improvement maybe change pads-wonder if changing pads would void warranty?

Old 06-06-2008, 12:32 PM
first dyna 07
Road Master

&nbsp\\;Front and back brakes on my 07 super glide with 4400 miles on it.&nbsp\\; STOPS OK FOR ME .

Quick Reply: 08 DYNA BRAKES