Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Anyone with a fat bob and a 1/4 fairing?

Search this Thread

Old 09-04-2008, 10:05 PM
last saint
Road Master
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by 20LowRider02
LOL, yeah I was wondering about that. You don't see too many bikes with the 1/4 fairings and almost all of those guys had them. Maybe it's their club thing? Maybe they will actually talk about bikes next time? Or maybe I could just watch Guiding Light and get the same effect as that show had? I don't know about you guys but it's fairly disappointing to me.
I thought it was pretty good. As for the fairings, it's actually not just "their club" thing. It's pretty common in a lot of clubs and for a lot of folks that are into performance oriented dynas and fxr's. The only thing I really hate about them using them on the bikes on the show is exposing that style to the general public. Hopefully the style doesn't catch on and can stay kinda underground.

D

Old 09-05-2008, 12:28 AM
sickwithit
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by last saint
I thought it was pretty good. As for the fairings, it's actually not just "their club" thing. It's pretty common in a lot of clubs and for a lot of folks that are into performance oriented dynas and fxr's. The only thing I really hate about them using them on the bikes on the show is exposing that style to the general public. Hopefully the style doesn't catch on and can stay kinda underground.

D
I feel the same way last saint.

Old 09-05-2008, 12:39 AM
20LowRider02
Tourer

First thing I thought of when I saw his bike was yours Saint (the tall risers with the straight bar). I was like Oh No!!! Actually it was bigger than yours...it looked like the AN one that sick has.

As you said I hope now everyone doesn't start doing that for your sake!!

Old 09-05-2008, 02:40 AM
Mad Mike
Road Master

Kind of a shame to have to change one of the Fat Bob features - those double peepers but to each their own. Regarding relocating turnsignals; wouldn't the Kellerman BL1000 bar ends look awsome instead of hanging those Harley ones on the forks? Thinking of trying them myself.

Old 09-05-2008, 06:15 AM
Dawg Rider
Road Warrior
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

The only thing I really hate about them using them on the bikes on the show is exposing that style to the general public. Hopefully the style doesn't catch on and can stay kinda underground.

D
I was thinking the same thing. Sharkey's bike has been a fav. of mine on here for a long time, and now yours and sickwithit's bikes are up there, too. I've been toying with the idea of going that direction for a while (already am as far as handling goes)...Now I'm hoping it doesn't become too common. H-D may have dropped the black engine on the SB a little too soon...

As for a Fat Bob, I've been thinking lately that it would be the best way to go with a new bike to get that performance and look. Already has dual discs and is blacked out. Just upgrade the brake pads, fork internals, and shocks, along with the fairing and a few other details like taller risers and you'd have a pretty good start. I were buying new that might well be the direction I would go...sort of a do it yourself FXDXT.

Old 09-05-2008, 06:32 AM
last saint
Road Master
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Dawg Rider
I was thinking the same thing. Sharkey's bike has been a fav. of mine on here for a long time, and now yours and sickwithit's bikes are up there, too. I've been toying with the idea of going that direction for a while (already am as far as handling goes)...Now I'm hoping it doesn't become too common. H-D may have dropped the black engine on the SB a little too soon...

As for a Fat Bob, I've been thinking lately that it would be the best way to go with a new bike to get that performance and look. Already has dual discs and is blacked out. Just upgrade the brake pads, fork internals, and shocks, along with the fairing and a few other details like taller risers and you'd have a pretty good start. I were buying new that might well be the direction I would go...sort of a do it yourself FXDXT.

That's about the only way you'll ever get another bike like the FXDX or FXDXT is to make it yourself. I have to admit, I hated the fatbob in the beginning...but now it's become one of my faves simply because of the potential that it has.
Again, speaking of SOA and every yuppie wannabe out there copying the style...one of my friends that doesn't even ride mentioned just yesterday that people are gonna think that "I" copied the SOA bikes to look like theirs!! Damn!! Oh well, it doesn't matter really does it? Atleast the producers of this show did a little research and actually got something right for a change.
Still, I hope it doesn't catch on.
Sick, what do you think about putting the HD 1/4 fairing on my bike? Really been thinking about that from the beginning. I think it would look good and probably help with the wind a lot more!
D

Old 09-05-2008, 06:35 AM
ged533
Cruiser

the harley quarter fairing is well made and is quick detach if you want to change the look quick.maybe could be modified ti fit bob

Attached Thumbnails Anyone with a fat bob and a 1/4 fairing?-dscn8763.jpg  
Old 09-05-2008, 06:53 AM
Mad Mike
Road Master

Hey saint & dawg, didn't you know imitation is the highest form of flattery? I got my FXDX on order and have a whole list of cool ideas I've scavenged from this forum. When I get it all set up I'll post a photo and you guys can decide which ideas were exclusively yours.

Old 09-05-2008, 06:57 AM
dyna07custom
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

D
Ya sure hope that dont wreck it for ya

Old 09-05-2008, 08:19 AM
sharkey
Grand HDF Member
Received 433 Likes on 260 Posts

Rifle also has a couple of fairings that might work...and windshield choices,too.

http://www.rifle.com/stores/showdetl...adster-Fairing

Quick Reply: Anyone with a fat bob and a 1/4 fairing?