Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Anyone with a fat bob and a 1/4 fairing?

Search this Thread

Old 09-05-2008, 05:52 PM
sickwithit
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by last saint
That's about the only way you'll ever get another bike like the FXDX or FXDXT is to make it yourself. I have to admit, I hated the fatbob in the beginning...but now it's become one of my faves simply because of the potential that it has.
Again, speaking of SOA and every yuppie wannabe out there copying the style...one of my friends that doesn't even ride mentioned just yesterday that people are gonna think that "I" copied the SOA bikes to look like theirs!! Damn!! Oh well, it doesn't matter really does it? Atleast the producers of this show did a little research and actually got something right for a change.
Still, I hope it doesn't catch on.
Sick, what do you think about putting the HD 1/4 fairing on my bike? Really been thinking about that from the beginning. I think it would look good and probably help with the wind a lot more!
D
i think the hd faring would look good on your bike. You would have to find a way to mount it. i think the ness faring might be easier to mount. either one will look good. As far as the wind, I noticed a small differences.

Old 09-05-2008, 07:23 PM
jwb47
Road Warrior
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I had a h-d quarter fairing on my old sportster and loved it , I keep hoping they will come out with one to accomodate the dual head lights on my fat bob . it is suprising how much air the fairing deflects.

Old 09-05-2008, 08:52 PM
last saint
Road Master
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Good lookin' sporty JWB.

D

Old 09-05-2008, 09:56 PM
Dutch550
Tourer

Thats the only thing I am a bit aprehensive about. I like the dual headlights maybe I will hold out for one that will acomodate the dual headlights.

Old 03-07-2010, 01:08 AM
Patsplace
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default The apple does not fall far from the tree.

Wouldn't you know it!!! 40 years ago I was a 1% guy and then life took a few turns and twists, decades passed and here I am with a Dyna that I knew what I wanted to do with it, way before I saw the "Thug Bike" thread and have never watched SOA (think I'll order the series, sounds like a good'un) and here I am building a bike that is being called a Club Bike. Go figure!!

I'm going to use the Rifle Roadster with the smoked standard windshield. Ain't life grand.
Ohlin shocks (I think) progressive springs for the front end, probably the other side disc brake and paint in the winter. The V&H ProPipe, drag bar, seat rail and highway pegs for another place to put my feet and....Yes...Life IS good.

Old 08-20-2012, 11:36 AM
Friso
6th Gear
Default Arlen Ness fairing on a Fat Bob

Hi guys,
this how my Fat Bob looks like with an Arlen ness quarter fairing.
Never saw any pictures of a similar mod on a bike like this so I thought it could be of help.
Cheers!

Friso
Rome, Italy

Attached Thumbnails Anyone with a fat bob and a 1/4 fairing?-imag0534.jpg   Anyone with a fat bob and a 1/4 fairing?-imag0535.jpg   Anyone with a fat bob and a 1/4 fairing?-imag0538.jpg  
Old 08-20-2012, 01:54 PM
Brettfullthrottle
Road Captain
Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Friso
Hi guys,
this how my Fat Bob looks like with an Arlen ness quarter fairing.
Never saw any pictures of a similar mod on a bike like this so I thought it could be of help.
Cheers!

Friso
Rome, Italy
Man does your bike look tough!

Old 08-20-2012, 05:54 PM
AFONE
Road Captain
Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Working on mounting an Arlen Ness to fit my Fat Bob.

Last edited by AFONE; 08-31-2012 at 05:17 AM.
Old 08-20-2012, 05:57 PM
Craigmier
Tourer
Received 17 Likes on 12 Posts

I have wanted a 1/4 fairing on my FatBob but I dont want to change to a single headlight-I like how bright it is and how its different from all the other models.

Cmon HD and Ness-hook us up!!??

Old 02-06-2013, 01:27 AM
groyalc
Novice

Here is my fairing. From Dougz Custom.

Attached Thumbnails Anyone with a fat bob and a 1/4 fairing?-fairing.jpg  

Quick Reply: Anyone with a fat bob and a 1/4 fairing?