Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Rigid struts

Search this Thread

Old 02-08-2009, 08:47 PM
dcurtis229
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Rigid struts

I was wanting to make my street bob a rigid but I can only find the rigid struts for sportsters. Does anyone know where I can get them?

Old 02-08-2009, 09:15 PM
thedonthere
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Ebay has them

Old 02-08-2009, 10:30 PM
sgt.tackleberry45
Cruiser
Default dont do it bro

the dynas wernt made to be rigid bikes. I have seen and heard a lot of bad stuff happen because of the rigid mod. looks cool. but it will hurt your bike in the long run

Old 02-09-2009, 12:31 AM
SURFOR Chop
Elite HDF Member
Received 20 Likes on 18 Posts

Not to disrespect the handfull of guys who've done it, but I never understood what was the point of it ... if you want a hardtail, why not just get a vintage bike or a frame from Paughco, West Coast Choppers, New York City Choppers, Sucker Punch Sallys, Flyrite, etc., etc.

There are no shortage of companies that sell hardtail frames and you can get pretty much anything from just the frame, to roller kits, to completed bikes.

Although some can get pretty pricey, there are some really reasonably priced kits and bikes out there. Most of the completed bikes are ready to register in pretty much 50 states and are constructed of high quality parts and carry warranties.

At one point, I was thinking of ditching the Dyna and going for an old school hardtail bobber; but, eventually reversed course.

I can understand wanting a hardtail--just not why you would want to get rid of the rear suspension which is the distinguishing feature of the Dyna lineup.

R/
Priest

Old 02-09-2009, 12:39 AM
rockon
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by Priest
Not to disrespect the handfull of guys who've done it, but I never understood what was the point of it ... if you want a hardtail, why not just get a vintage bike or a frame from Paughco, West Coast Choppers, New York City Choppers, Sucker Punch Sallys, Flyrite, etc., etc.

There are no shortage of companies that sell hardtail frames and you can get pretty much anything from just the frame, to roller kits, to completed bikes.

Although some can get pretty pricey, there are some really reasonably priced kits and bikes out there. Most of the completed bikes are ready to register in pretty much 50 states and are constructed of high quality parts and carry warranties.

At one point, I was thinking of ditching the Dyna and going for an old school hardtail bobber; but, eventually reversed course.

I can understand wanting a hardtail--just not why you would want to get rid of the rear suspension which is the distinguishing feature of the Dyna lineup.

R/
Priest
I don't get it either...the swingarm doesn't even look right...it'd be different if someone wanted to lock the swingarm on a Softail, but the swingarm on a Dyna doesn't even look right for a rigid.

Not that I don't like the occasional sprung solo seat on a Dyna...

Old 02-09-2009, 01:28 AM
Doughboy
Cruiser

a struted bike isnt going to hurt the bike,but it will kill your back,been there done that.it serves no purpose.either dyna or softail.i rode my shovel that way because i broke a shock.it was just a temp fix till i got some scratch for new shocks.i struted bike is alot worse than riding rigid.just my 2 cents.if your determined to do it.find some half inch flat stock drill it to match shock holes and give it a try.this way youll only be out a couple of bucks when you remove them

Old 02-09-2009, 02:37 AM
RangeRat
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I put struts on an old Norton I used to drag-race. Fit in per the rules (no wheelie bars allowed in my class at that time) and right off-the-line helped keep the front end down. Other than that I wouldn't use them either but then that's not the question plus is just my $0.02 anyway.

Why not just build a pair out of some aluminum bar-stock?

Old 02-09-2009, 05:31 AM
Dizzzy
Tourer

Solid struts are cools as hell! Most people don't like it...thats one reason to do it~

Old 02-09-2009, 05:46 AM
bosken
Banned
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Road 6 Customs on ebay sells it.... For Sportster, works on Dyna aswell.. 10" long. -2" under stock shocks.

Old 02-09-2009, 06:06 AM
dyna rider
Club Member

Received 166 Likes on 141 Posts
Default Struts

J&P sells 9&1/2" and 10&1/2" struts called not shocks. They are chrome and go for about $180.00.

Quick Reply: Rigid struts