Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Panacea Taillights

Search this Thread

Old 02-09-2009, 08:09 PM
wiegs
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Panacea Taillights

I few members have these on their dyna. Wondering how bright are they? Can you run them without seperate turn signals. Is this safe? Pics would be great!

Thanks

Old 02-09-2009, 08:28 PM
davidc
Road Master
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

A friend of mine has one on his bob and though it looks good the turn signal is not very noticeable and the brake light is not very bright during the daytime. He put his stock turn signals back on, so that he could be seen better.

Old 02-09-2009, 09:07 PM
mtnlvr
Road Warrior
Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

I've also heard that some states require a min on 8" between signals so you may wanna check into your state's laws too.

Old 02-09-2009, 09:32 PM
2007fxdc
Elite HDF Member
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Ridden behind my buddy many times, he has the Panacea with integrated signals. Looks nice but not bright enough during the day which is when we usually ride. He gives hand signals to make sure people see him. Looks good at night and plenty bright then, for what that's worth. The brake light part of it is fine day or night. I have essentially the same light on my bike but it's not a Panacea.

Old 02-09-2009, 10:24 PM
JakeInMa
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I have the Panacea and have been told that when I hit the brakes and it "pulses" before illuminating as a solid brake light that it is confusing to those behind me. As far as the turn signal element of the Panacea goes, I also run Alloy Art Strut Lights and Progressive Suspension Shock Lights to compliment the Panacea and to make me more visible by giving me a series of 3 turn signals. I will say that it really cleaned up the back of the bike.

You asked for pictures:

Old 02-10-2009, 07:36 AM
rounder
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

I have the smoked one. For a while I ran without the turn signals. I got to hear screeching brakes coming up my azz several times during that period. I took that as a sign and reinstalled my signals. My signals have the brake, turn module so people see me better and no more screeching rear end drama.

Old 02-10-2009, 11:00 AM
Stanger
Road Master

Just got one on the other day, really does clean things up. But I am paying attention to what others here are saying and after I have some time with it, I will then decide what I will do. If anything, I am looking at the Alloy Art Strut Lights, I really like them.

Old 02-10-2009, 01:07 PM
wbeem
Tourer

I bought the Panacea lights for my Road King and I've had them for a few years. One buddy told me (once) that he thought they were difficult to see from behind in daylight. They light up very nicely at night, definitely pulsing about 4 times or so when you hit the brakes. I've never had an issue with anyone nearly hitting me because they didn't see the lights (or me).

I'm one of those guys who uses his signals as much as possible and I check over my shoulder before switching lanes. My experience indicates that drivers see the signal and know I'm moving over, if they're paying attention at all.

Old 04-19-2009, 09:10 PM
Gadgetech
Club Member
Received 52 Likes on 41 Posts

I have the smoked taillight and I have had the same problem with the turn signal b/c I removed them of the struts cuz they kinda looked like wings since I only have a solo seat.

***However, I am on the second one which is now broken also. The first one broke during the warranty period but this one is out of warranty. What broke is where the wires attach to the l.e.d. board. I don't know a whole lot about solder but I'm going to see if a guy at work can fix it. Either way, I'll be putting some turns back on.

Old 04-19-2009, 10:39 PM
gelbarda001
Intermediate

i have the reg red one but would love to trade with someone possible for a smoked one but yes I love it

Quick Reply: Panacea Taillights