Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Finally...TH on the way

Search this Thread

Old 02-18-2009, 06:37 PM
sniper77
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

A garage????

The bike is already leaning to the left, all you need is a hacksaw blade, a gasket, a few orings and, a set of adjustable pushrods and you're back in the wind!

I got my cams today too...they shore R purdy

Opps, nevermind.......I want to be finished before you and I just ordered the SE compensator, push rods, cometic .030 head gasket, primary gasket, and cam cover gasket from Chicago HD .........it won't be here for ten days waiting on the compensator to come in.......

Old 02-18-2009, 06:52 PM
SC-Longhair
Club Member
Received 23 Likes on 18 Posts

Well, I'll concede graciously now because I'm sure you'll be done before me. I did just email my local indy. Want to see what he says. He's got an old timer who openly told me he prefers working on metric cruisers (and they do some pretty cool metric customs) and a young guy who is younger than me. I think I'm convincing myself they're not the shop to deal with. Ya know, gut feelings...

Btw, what cams did you order?

Old 02-18-2009, 07:07 PM
sniper77
Outstanding HDF Member

I'm going with a new Andrews cam, 54H. 239 duration, .550 lift. 16/42 int timing.

I couldn't hardly find them and then it was hard to get the price I wanted but some online jap parts store had them and I called Dennis Kirk and they beat it by a buck, saved me 50.

Old 02-19-2009, 11:54 AM
SC-Longhair
Club Member

Ok, so I contacted my local indy. I asked about headwork and he said it would be farmed out to Tman Performance. I've heard them mentioned on here before. Don't remember if there was any negative comments about them.

He also mentioned it would be better to go with gear-driven cams. Yes, I know that but the price was decent on the chain-driven. I'm sure I'll regret not spending the extra on gear-driven at some point. The bike has about 14.5k miles. If I swap out the tensioners, I figure I can go quite a bit before a problem occurs.

He didn't mention price regarding the swap, probably because I didn't ask about it.

Old 02-19-2009, 11:58 AM
SC-Longhair
Club Member

The only thing I'm a little worried about is that the bike is still under warranty for another year. Do I let the dealer do it just for that fact?

Old 02-25-2009, 07:04 AM
SC-Longhair
Club Member

Ok...I knew this would happen.

We ordered my pipes from ACM on 2/16. Got an invoice 2/17 via email. They say 'it will ship in 7-10 days". Interesting because a few days previous I emailed them through ebay to ask if they had them in stock and I got 'yes, we have them in stock" as a response. Gawdangit.

Now I'm just sitting here waiting for the tracking number. Depending if weekends are factored in, the 10 day limit is today. Guess we'll have to wait till at least 5pm before I contact them asking where's my stuff.

I really hate being lied to.

Old 02-25-2009, 07:21 AM
sniper77
Outstanding HDF Member

call them and raise kane during business hours. make it a point to note you know they lied to you. demand your money back.

...they were such dirtbags when I sent them the fender back they would never refund my money, had to go thru paypal resolution...another ten days<grr>

You will not regret the roller chain drive cams. You have the updated cam chain tensioner factory stock.

I would talk to the dealer about the install and address the warranty issues with the service manager. when you take it to them to work on it, have them sign or write on the invoice that warranty is not void.

If they won't sign, mention Magnusen-Moss act to let them know the bike is still under warranty even if they don't like it.

Old 02-25-2009, 08:46 AM
glide05
Road Warrior
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

well - you know going in that if you want the best prices on certain things, then ACM has them. The down side is that they lie about having things in stock.
but we all know that by now???
They are not going to count the weekend days - so it sounds like you have a few more days to wait.

Old 02-25-2009, 09:26 AM
Tnbrit
Road Captain
Received 28 Likes on 24 Posts

[QUOTE=SC-Longhair;4569526]My girl finally had a chance to order my thunderheaders today. Did it with American Classic Motors. They're the cheapest. They told her the pipes would be here in 7-10 days. We'll see.

Sc,I'm sure you noticed this but the TH they had on Ebay that i saw,was without Heat Shields,I think from memory they wanted an extra $150 for the shields,hope you don't mind me pointing this out,just in case it slipped by.
Brit.

Old 02-25-2009, 11:36 AM
SC-Longhair
Club Member

Tnbrit, I appreciate that and am well aware of it.

Sniper, you're just a wealth of info. Thanks.

Quick Reply: Finally...TH on the way