Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Front end suspension lift kit or springs

Search this Thread

Old 04-22-2006, 06:01 PM
but Ill try 2 try
Road Warrior
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Front end suspension lift kit or springs

Thought I had left the suspension lift kits behind when I quit with the trucks temporarily, but I think my Bob, if I keep it, would look and ride like I want it to with some longer springs in the tubes and with the rear lowered a bit. With apes your handlebars really should be around eye level for the true K.o.T.R. look. To afford THAT look would take a lot more than "2 hours of pushin' broom." Anybody know about lifting the front end? 21" wheel might help too.

Old 04-22-2006, 08:29 PM
pococj
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 1,211 Likes on 461 Posts
Default RE: Front end suspension lift kit or springs

21 inch front wheel ain't all that higher than the 19 inch, some of 'em are the same overall diameter. They don't make lift kits for bikes, ya gotta add longer fork tubes. Wouldn't go more than 4 inches or it starts getting a little squirelly, and looks like a frikkin' preying mantis.

Old 04-23-2006, 11:07 AM
gottaguy
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Front end suspension lift kit or springs

find a front end off a dyna sport touring (FXDXT) or a dyna police they are a dual disc taller length front end. the xt is tunable for damper and rebound so you can dial it in for your specific need. while the police is not. or get longer tubes and springs. progressive makes the springs and franks http://qpg.com/F/frankmain/ should be able to dial you in on the tubes. those guys have been around forever. used them in the 70's for bagger front end mods.
i have the fxdxt and you can take the twisties without any effort (or) slowing down!.
love them sport tourer's!!!!!