Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

GRAY TAILLIGHT...Is it Bright Enough??

Search this Thread

Old 03-11-2009, 01:45 PM
SuperglideKen
Road Captain
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Default GRAY TAILLIGHT...Is it Bright Enough??

Hey all, I got a Gray tailight lens and have used the standard red bulb and the Red Iridium Bulb and neither is Bright enough. Everyone who's behind me always let's me know this!!. Will an LED bulb be Brighter? Thanks

Attached Thumbnails GRAY TAILLIGHT...Is it Bright Enough??-taillight.jpg  
Old 03-11-2009, 01:53 PM
ratt196635
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i am not sure but i have the red led in my gray one but have not yet ridden it in the dark since installing it but it looks bright enough to me. The only bad thing about my led is that it dont have the tag light to light up the tag am going to have to install after market tag lights they frown on not haveing you tag lighted up here in texas

Old 03-11-2009, 02:46 PM
mrperez
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I went with the Kury***n LED tail ligt, and it is brighter than stock.

Old 03-11-2009, 08:52 PM
Dawg Rider
Road Warrior
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I have a red LED in the same one you have. It's brighter than a standard bulb, and I think it's bright enough, but I have been told it's not as bright as stock.

Old 03-11-2009, 09:13 PM
firefighter3666
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm running the Panacea low profile smoked taillight from Kuryakyn. During the day, I don't think it's quite as visible as stock. At night it is far superior to stock.

Old 03-11-2009, 11:38 PM
Sumpnut
Road Master
Received 11 Likes on 4 Posts

I have a low profile chrome look rear light,the red LED's are in the bullet holes...very bright in both day and night.Was thinking of a Kury one but did'nt think they were all that bright! Big plus is the chrome look suits the black bike : )

Old 03-12-2009, 02:57 AM
Rauzer
Road Captain

I have the Custom Dynamics set and the smoked lens with the led's is very bright.

Old 03-12-2009, 03:52 PM
Fastfwd
Road Warrior
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

To each their own, but I’m leery of sacrificing what little signal light I have for it to look ‘cooler.’ That goes for turn signals too. That being said, I did remove my reflectors. I’m quite pleased with my stock setup otherwise.

Good luck finding a brighter bulb.

Old 03-12-2009, 04:55 PM
Stanger
Road Master

I have the Kury Panacea smoke with turn signals incorporated into it and have asked several people what they think and so far everyone thinks it is as bright if not better, in the day and def. better at night (for the break light part). As for the turn signals, they appear bright as far as I can tell in the day and def. at night. I have yet to have any problems, so far (excuse me while I knock on some wood ) I must say that I have a tendency to use hand signals when I am turning also.

Old 03-13-2009, 10:04 AM
jhall201
Cruiser

Originally Posted by SuperglideKen
Hey all, I got a Gray tailight lens and have used the standard red bulb and the Red Iridium Bulb and neither is Bright enough. Everyone who's behind me always let's me know this!!. Will an LED bulb be Brighter? Thanks
I would not use the standard bulb type of light in that assembly. I had used the laydown style grey taillight assembly with a red bulb and it got so hot that it partially melted the lense. Use an LED bulb! You can buy some of them that have LED's on all sides of the light. Works really great and is plenty bright.

Quick Reply: GRAY TAILLIGHT...Is it Bright Enough??