Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

My First Dyno Run Today

Search this Thread

Old 03-22-2009, 01:35 AM
Funkhousert
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default My First Dyno Run Today

SO I happened to ride into a dealer thats a bit farther away for me today and it was worth it. They were doing FREE dyno runs and so I pulled it in there and although its stock, I like my numbers. I have a new Thunderheader, the SE Heavy Breather, and the SE Super tuner (original one). I did the mapping myself from tons of input from this forum. I am glad I have this baseline so in the future I will have a looking back point. I have a PDF file that is more clear but its to large for the forum to let me download. I hope you guys can see this well enough to make it out.
I could use a fine tuning for sure but I will wait until I do a few other things first.

Old 03-22-2009, 03:21 AM
SURFOR Chop
Elite HDF Member
Received 20 Likes on 18 Posts

Hey Tim:

What dealer were you at? Do you know how long the special lasts? I'd be interested in seeing what my numbers are ...

R/
Priest

Old 03-22-2009, 05:40 AM
jaysonL
Elite HDF Member
Received 17 Likes on 9 Posts

94 ft/lb. Nice number for stock.

Old 03-22-2009, 06:33 AM
domenicp7
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts

I think those two into one pipes work well for TQ numbers. My stock ran about the same in HP at 74 but lower on TQ. I was at 84TQ. With the 103 at 89HP and 105TQ but I didn't get a good reading as the bike broke the Dyno belt.

Old 03-22-2009, 06:35 AM
Airborne350G
Club Member
Received 22 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by Funkhousert
SO I happened to ride into a dealer thats a bit farther away for me today and it was worth it. They were doing FREE dyno runs and so I pulled it in there and although its stock, I like my numbers. I have a new Thunderheader, the SE Heavy Breather, and the SE Super tuner (original one). I did the mapping myself from tons of input from this forum. I am glad I have this baseline so in the future I will have a looking back point. I have a PDF file that is more clear but its to large for the forum to let me download. I hope you guys can see this well enough to make it out.
I could use a fine tuning for sure but I will wait until I do a few other things first.

I would be interested in looking at your tunning file. I am getting some decel popping.

Old 03-22-2009, 08:13 AM
Donny
Road Captain
Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Free?! man, I thought I got a good deal at $20, lol.

Old 03-22-2009, 08:45 AM
SC-Longhair
Club Member
Received 23 Likes on 18 Posts

Ya know, I remember looking at the engine specs of my bike from the dealer. It stated 92ft/lbs of torque. I know your pipes were about $500 and the heavy breather about $300. That's 800 bucks to get it into the vicinity of what the MoCo stated was reported torque at time of purchase. Leaves a slightly bad taste in my mouth. I've got the same setup except just the SE stage 1 a/c.

Old 03-22-2009, 09:16 AM
rounder
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

looks like if you richen up the AFR from 2000-2600 rpm you will probably loose the dip in you torque curve and feel a nice boost in torque down low.

Last edited by rounder; 03-22-2009 at 09:38 AM.
Old 03-22-2009, 09:21 AM
SC-Longhair
Club Member
Received 23 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by ls6and96
the 92ft/lbs moco states is at the motor,the guys dyno is at the rear wheel. he pick up about 18 percent in trq from stock.
Ok, that makes sense. Thanks.

Old 03-22-2009, 11:32 AM
thedonthere
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Priest
Hey Tim:

What dealer were you at? Do you know how long the special lasts? I'd be interested in seeing what my numbers are ...

R/
Priest
I know that Eastside HD in Bellevue had that going on yesterday. Don't know if that is where Tim went.

Quick Reply: My First Dyno Run Today