Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Hard Street Bags for Dyna

Search this Thread

Old 08-02-2009, 08:21 PM
Morloka
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have the hard street bags on my bike, they are great! can fit a 24 pack into each of them.......they are not quick detatch, unless you consider 2 bolts per side quick..and I do. anyway you can see them in my sig pic, still have to get them painted to match though

Old 08-03-2009, 03:40 PM
glideridemike
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 261 Likes on 86 Posts

Here ya go Jake...

Old 08-03-2009, 03:47 PM
JakeInMa
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by glideridemike
Here ya go Jake...

Man, Mike, you rock! These are great pictures. If only I could find someone who sells them so I could try them out before spending the $$$ and finding out I can't get rid of the buffeting that I'm sure is going to happen from reading about it. It seems like a common problem.

Old 08-03-2009, 07:32 PM
clowninmd
6th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Morloka
I have the hard street bags on my bike, they are great! can fit a 24 pack into each of them.......they are not quick detatch, unless you consider 2 bolts per side quick..and I do. anyway you can see them in my sig pic, still have to get them painted to match though
do you have any other pics of these? They look sweet.

Old 08-03-2009, 08:11 PM
glideridemike
Ultimate HDF Member

Originally Posted by jakeiniraq
Man, Mike, you rock! These are great pictures. If only I could find someone who sells them so I could try them out before spending the $$$ and finding out I can't get rid of the buffeting that I'm sure is going to happen from reading about it. It seems like a common problem.
Buffeting.....man I can relate.

When I bought my WG, it had that HD shield I showed you, and at 55+ mph it buffeted so bad I couldn't stand it. So I made a couple of small adapters to kick the bottom of the shield out 2" making it more streamlined, and hoila!, no more buffetting. None, zero, even up to 90 mph! So I was real apprehensive about this NC shield because it was more straight up, like the HD shield was. Well I haven't had it up to 90 (yet..lol) but at 70 it is smooth as butter, no buffeting at all. So I'm thinkin it must be the shape of the shield plus maybe the angle of the NC shield is not quite as straight up as the HD shield was. Whichever, but there is as huge difference.

Hope this helps you make your decision either way Jake.

Old 08-03-2009, 08:32 PM
overhead
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 15 Likes on 7 Posts

Since the quick detachable tour pack came up thought I would post this picture. The windshield is a Memphis Shades. I rode the bike out to Sturgis this way with a couple dry bags strapped to the back seat and a fork bag radio. I took the radio off today because I was riding out through Custer and the scenery was plenty of entertainment, no tunes needed . I would love to get some larger quick detach hard bags, but I have not found any I like yet. I saw a guy last night with a Dyna that appeared to have regular harley touring bags on the bike but he was getting on 90 from Sturgis and I was stuck in traffic so I could not catch up to find out how they were mounted.

[IMG][/IMG]

Old 08-03-2009, 10:51 PM
spiritwarrior
Road Captain
Default Dyna to Bagger

Been thinking, thinking, selling Blubob to buy a bagger. Already have a HD QD windshield, and a luggage rack for my backpack/whatever. Just need a good trip bag, siren, and some more comfortable front pegs for me and, it's enough wannabe bagger for us.

Old 08-03-2009, 11:20 PM
JakeInMa
Outstanding HDF Member

Decisions...decisions...

Old 08-04-2009, 08:04 AM
glideridemike
Ultimate HDF Member

I've got an aftermarket tourbox for the rear of my WG, but for the life of me I cannot quite get used to see that big box sitting back there. Imho, it makes it almost look too heavy in the rear.....now I don't have the qr hardware so everything back there is firmly bolted down making quick changes more tedious. If I used mine I would want to take it off upon arrival and go back to the sissy bar setup. Even with the qr setup this would necessitate carrying the sissybar somewhere....lol. Guess I've just got used to my setup with strap on T bags to carry my stuff when traveling.

Old 08-07-2009, 07:50 PM
HDDyna2006
Banned
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I like this ones. and for $98
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Black...Q5fAccessories

Attached Thumbnails Hard Street Bags for Dyna-motorcyclesidetrunk.jpg   Hard Street Bags for Dyna-motorcyclesidetrunk0.jpg   Hard Street Bags for Dyna-motorcyclesidetrunk1.jpg  

Quick Reply: Hard Street Bags for Dyna