Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Fuelpack Fuel management system

Search this Thread

Old 08-14-2009, 06:24 AM
zostrain
Intermediate
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Fuelpack Fuel management system

I am looking at getting the V&H Big radius 2-2, I saw that I need a fuel management system also.

Has anyone installed the Fuelpack? (http://www.fuelpakfi.com/harley1.html)
Also, is it pretty easy to install?
I got the actual physical installation no sweat, I'm worried about programming the damn thing correctly...

Thanks for your help

Old 08-14-2009, 07:06 AM
2008fatbob
3rd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I just put the V&H big radius on my 08 Fat Bob with the recommended fuel pak and Screaming Eagle heavy breather.
The hardest part about the fuel pak is getting all of the wires tucked back in under the seat. Programming is a snap. You just have to find the right set of codes (provided in the fuel pak) for your bike, or get the proper settings from the fuel pak website.

Old 08-14-2009, 07:10 AM
2007fxdc
Elite HDF Member
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

If you can follow instructions, the whole thing is easy. It's a little tedious getting the FP tucked away under the seat but definitely doable. They have an installation video on their website but the instructions are east to follow as well.

Old 08-14-2009, 10:13 PM
zostrain
Intermediate
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Cool...

Originally Posted by 2007fxdc
If you can follow instructions, the whole thing is easy. It's a little tedious getting the FP tucked away under the seat but definitely doable. They have an installation video on their website but the instructions are east to follow as well.
Yeah, I watched the video, it seems pretty easy. I had taken all that apart already to wire in a accesory plug..
(to plug in phone charger, GPS power plug, etc..)

Thanks for the help guys...

Oh...
So you wouldn't get the pipes & fuel pack without getting the heavy breather?

Old 08-14-2009, 11:18 PM
bklanecky
Cruiser

I've heard that FuelPak is pretty much garbage and you're much better off with PC-V or SERT.

Old 08-14-2009, 11:38 PM
2008fatbob
3rd Gear

I ran my bike with just the pipes for a short trip (like 5 miles) and it seemed to run fine. I am not really "techy" when it comes to motors but from what I am told, the fuel pak (or any other fuel management system) is a substitute calibration for the computer. It all has to do with the EFI and the O2 sensors. I wanted the heavy breather kit and it was advised to me to put some sort of fuel management system on teh bike or have a race tuner downloaded into the ECM. I went with the management system simply because if I ever want to return it to stock condition I won't have to take it to the dealer for the dowload of the stock program.

Old 08-15-2009, 02:14 PM
Mikester48
Advanced

I have a fuelpak on my 06 Heritage right now, I will take $150. for it shipped to your door. It is model 61001a, I believe it will fit your bike. I have an odd combination I guess, Arlen Ness Big Sucker air cleaner and Hooker Rebels. I just can't seem to get a hesitation out of it, and have been in contact with V&H tech people for a week or more. I have heard the fuelpak works well usually with their pipes, not so good with others. It is easy to program, I've done about 20 times, am getting pretty fast at it too. I just ordered a PC-V to be here in a couple of days.

Old 08-15-2009, 08:26 PM
lucy brown
Cruiser

Well I guess it's to late since you have the fuelpak already but there are plenty of posts here saying that it's not good. Taking that into account I went with the PC-V. I have an 09 Fat Bob with V&H short shots and big sucker air cleaner. The bike runs like a raped ape. Didnt even have to dyno it. It's more money but I have heard zero complaints with the PC-V

Old 08-15-2009, 09:14 PM
2007fxdc
Elite HDF Member
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Yes there have been a lot of posts here crucifying the fuelpak, but there are also plenty of us that have had good experiences with it. It's a plug and play device that is programmable for specific setups but that's it. It's not dyno-tunable and is not really good for engine mods. But, for stage 1, especially with vance and hines brand pipes, it's fine. But if you want to have your bike dyno-tuned or intend to go into the engine and do mods, get something else that will also cost you more money.

Old 08-16-2009, 12:50 AM
creekhed1
Road Master

Love my Fuelpak

Quick Reply: Fuelpack Fuel management system