Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Opinions on Pittsburgh Area Dealers

Search this Thread

Old 08-24-2009, 09:14 AM
sunnyd13
Stage III
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Opinions on Pittsburgh Area Dealers

Long time reader of the forum. Finally posting something.

I'm looking to buy a 2010 Wide Glide or Fat Bob (the fretting over that decision requires it's own thread).

I was wondering if anyone from the Pittsburgh area has a dealer they can recommend, and even a specific salesman. I've visited all of them half a dozen times. I've only brought up price casually, and the only one that came right out and said they would go below MSRP was Hot Metal Harley.

Old 08-24-2009, 03:56 PM
low_n_slow
Cruiser

Steel City treated me very well

Old 08-24-2009, 04:36 PM
jmarkle
Cruiser

I like Hot Metal but I also had a good experience at Three Rivers in Glenshaw

Old 08-24-2009, 05:46 PM
drhooligan
Tourer

I've bought 3 bikes from Hot Metal(formerly Heritage), two new and one used. They have been fine to deal with. All these dealers NEED to sell bikes and will discount unless they are braindead in this enviornment.

Don't know how set you are on buying a new 2010. Check the Pittsburgh Craigslist. There are 3 Fat Bobs listed in this area currently, one '09 and two '08s. All with very low miles and aftermarket stuff installed. Late model used HDs are going cheap now. Bad market and getting late in the buying season, perfect storm for a used buyer. PM me if I can help you, been buying and selling bikes for many years. I'm in Jefferson Boro. Scott.

Old 08-24-2009, 07:52 PM
rastajacob
Road Captain
Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Ahhh...I have been waiting for this post for some time. Honestly, I had a good experience with the dealers they mentioned above, but if you are willing to drive to Wheeling, check out Valley Harley in WV. They work awesome deals on bikes. I got well below MSRP on my Nightster and then got a great quote on my trade in. I think it is worth your while to drive 45 minutes down I-70, dude, seriously....As long as I live in the area, I will purchase my bikes there....

Old 08-25-2009, 07:26 AM
drhooligan
Tourer

Originally Posted by rastajacob
Ahhh...I have been waiting for this post for some time. Honestly, I had a good experience with the dealers they mentioned above, but if you are willing to drive to Wheeling, check out Valley Harley in WV. They work awesome deals on bikes. I got well below MSRP on my Nightster and then got a great quote on my trade in. I think it is worth your while to drive 45 minutes down I-70, dude, seriously....As long as I live in the area, I will purchase my bikes there....
I've heard good things about them.

Old 08-25-2009, 09:31 AM
sunnyd13
Stage III

First of all, thanks for all the replies!

Originally Posted by drhooligan
Don't know how set you are on buying a new 2010. Check the Pittsburgh Craigslist. There are 3 Fat Bobs listed in this area currently, one '09 and two '08s. All with very low miles and aftermarket stuff installed. Late model used HDs are going cheap now. Bad market and getting late in the buying season, perfect storm for a used buyer. PM me if I can help you, been buying and selling bikes for many years. I'm in Jefferson Boro. Scott.
I don't mind buying a used Fat Bob if I decide not to get a Wide Glide. I'm stuck on getting Black Denim, and I haven't seen one pop up on Craigslist in the last few weeks. But if I find one, I might take you up on getting your opinion!

Originally Posted by rastajacob
Thanks for the suggestion. I'm completely willing to go down to Wheeling for the right price. I hadn't heard about them. If I go new, I'll definitely check them out.