Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Superbrace Report & Shock question

Search this Thread

Old 10-09-2009, 07:03 PM
yso191
Club Member
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Superbrace Report & Shock question

Last week I installed a Superbrace and just today had the opportunity to really test it out. I went on some local mountain roads and really pushed it in the corners. The roads were not in the best shape in several areas.

I noticed an improvement in the front end. Not a 'Gee Whiz' difference, but it did feel tighter. One of the differences was that now the rear feels looser. Probably its just by comparison - kind of like the weakest link just moved.

That was just the first step in my current phase of improving the handling/suspension. I am installing the True-Track on Thursday, and am looking forward to testing that out. I expect more of a 'Gee Whiz' difference with it.

After that is the Ricor Intiminators. Another product I expect a very noticeable difference from. Hopefully I can get them in before Christmas...

But one question remains: What about rear shocks? I see a lot of postings about lowering or adjustable shocks, but what about just for handling issues? I do want to keep the ability I have now with the stock shocks of being able to change the preload. That's nice when my wife and I are on a trip.

Steve

Old 10-11-2009, 10:38 AM
babineaux66@msn.com
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Have owned oem.lower by 1 in THEN found stock height WORKS DRS shocks. Got that "GEE WIZ!!!" Found them on e-bay with the correct spring rate(IMPORTANT!!!!!!!!!)for winner bid $165.50.$ to inprovment THE BEST bag for my money.

Old 10-11-2009, 11:15 AM
Splatter
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I rode with a Superbrace on for about a year (07 Super Glide) then took it off to install Intiminators, rode for about a week without it then put it back. My sense of it was that the Superbrace didn't do that much for me in the twisties. The place I felt the lack of it was on the highway. With the brace off, I felt a lot less stable at high speed on bad road surfaces or when dealing with the bow shock of large trucks. Running tight corners and switchbacks at 40 mph didn't really feel much different with or without the brace.

The Intiminators are nice, but not "Gee whiz" in my opinion. Again, they shine on bad road surfaces (at any speed) and in reducing nose-dive in braking. They won't take your breath away, but they will make you much happier. Sadly, you get used to them after a while and take them for granted. (Same for any improvement, I suppose.)

Old 10-11-2009, 11:59 AM
JimmysFXDC
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Chek out my post-- Ugraded Suspension!-- I HIGHLY recommend talking with Howard.