Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

HD Detachable Solo Rack for Dynas

Search this Thread

Old 10-16-2009, 02:30 PM
2007fxdc
Elite HDF Member
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
Default HD Detachable Solo Rack for Dynas

Just picked up one of these from a non-dyna forum member in the classifieds:

http://www.harley-davidson.com/gma/g...6&default=none

I know many of you use the motherwell racks and I didn't even know HD made one of these until saw it. I wanted something really quick detachable as I probably won't run with it all the time, just when I need to carry a little something exta to and/or fro. Before, I would always throw on my stock 2-up seat and clamp on the sissy bar with luggage rack. Will be nice to be able to stay in solo mode and still be able to carry stuff.

First, any of you that have one of these, I'm hoping I got it right that it fits with the same exact docking hardware that I have installed for my HD detachable sideplates? Can someone confirm?

Also, I have a couple of leather duffles I've used on my sissy bar setup. Do those work pretty well with these types of racks with no upright to strap them to or is there something else you'd recommend?

Old 10-16-2009, 03:30 PM
Toplink
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Now I want one

Attached Thumbnails HD Detachable Solo Rack for Dynas-o8-dyna-9-19-09-001.jpg  

Last edited by Toplink; 10-16-2009 at 03:34 PM.
Old 10-16-2009, 03:39 PM
firebrick
Road Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i definately want one. cant wait to see it on your bike.

Old 10-16-2009, 03:56 PM
utahdyna
Advanced

I have one, and yes it uses the same docking spots. I may be selling mine as I have made some changes and may be getting rid of the docking hardware, so if so I will post.

Old 10-16-2009, 04:45 PM
ColdCase
Road Warrior
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Yeah a lot of dynas here have them. I modified one to fit the fatbob. Awhile ago someone doubled up the docking hardware so both detachable bags and the rack can be used at the same time. There is also a black version. Some also use the matching seat pillon.

Last edited by ColdCase; 10-16-2009 at 06:22 PM.
Old 10-16-2009, 05:00 PM
Just-a-Guy
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by ColdCase
Yeah a lot of dynas here have them. Awhile ago someone doubled up the docking hardware so both detachable bags and the rack can be used at the same time. There is also a black version. I modified one to fit the fatbob. Some also use the matching seat pillon.

OK, wait a minute.... I have the black version of the fixed solo rack, which has a detachable pillion. Nice setup. My bike is in the shop right now and I had them put the detachable sideplate hardware on it, and picked up a detachable sissy bar/rear rack combo. Works beautifully. But it doesn't work with the fixed solo rack -- the back of that rack is too far aft, and too high, and interferes with the detachable sissy bar.

So I also ordered the detachable racks as mentioned in the OP. However, this one does not come in black, and does not have a pillion that mounts to it. It's a bunch of either/or's. So I have on order one of the suction cup pillions. That way, I can pop the detachable rack off, put the detachable sissy bar/rack on, and put the suction cup pillion on.

Make sense (probably not)?

FWIW, I have a fixed solo rack and pillion pad I now don't need if anyone is interested.

Mark

Old 10-16-2009, 05:23 PM
2007fxdc
Elite HDF Member
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Yeh, it's always a bunch of either/or's. That's why I like the detachable stuff. Anytime I just wanted to take a little something along with my like a coat or something, or bring a little something back with me from where I was going, I'd have to remove my solo seat, put on the 2-up seat and put on the sissy bar and then strap a bag to it. Now, I can just clamp on the solo rack and go. Well not now but when I get the rack LOL. Which actually won't be until Christmas as I'm gonna get my wife to get the kids to wrap it up and give it to me for a present. Do that every year. No surprises but at least I always get something I want.

Old 10-16-2009, 08:09 PM
JaronB
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 17 Likes on 10 Posts

Here's what I did with my detachable rack

Old 10-16-2009, 09:24 PM
ackman1968
Elite HDF Member
Received 19 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by JaronB

And it's a nice set-up too. Did you ever get the turn signals modded to fit?

Old 10-16-2009, 09:28 PM
883 IRON
Tourer

Originally Posted by JaronB

That there is very innovative and there is some serious storage in that setup. Question, do you have a pic of the turn signal lights with the docking hardware? I trying to figure out you can do this without relocating the lights.

Quick Reply: HD Detachable Solo Rack for Dynas