Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Low rider seat on a super ????

Search this Thread

Old 07-01-2006, 11:07 PM
Cobrajett
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Low rider seat on a super ????

Can anyone confirm that a stock Low Rider seat will fit a Super Glide, of the same year. I can see on the Harley web site that all of the seat listeds for Dyna's other than Wide Glides seem to work on any model other than the Wide Glide of course. I assume the fender difference on the Wide is the reason. Am I right about the interchangeability of the other seats. I am thinking of getting a stock Low seat for my Super.......Whatca think?

Old 07-01-2006, 11:35 PM
06dynablack
Road Warrior
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Low rider seat on a super ????

id say its a go

Old 07-02-2006, 08:52 AM
glebo
Grand HDF Member

Received 1,009 Likes on 328 Posts

Let us know, it should work, I am looking for a newer seat also. Wife says riding on the stock one is like riding on the bare fender

Old 07-02-2006, 12:23 PM
johnpiech
Cruiser

My dealer says yes - so does harley website, and Corbin's website. The issue is that the bars on some of the models are different - as are all of the seats ny model. For instance on my FXDI35, the "hump" for you back in the middle of the seat is 2 inches farther back than on the Low Rider or the FXR-SP. I'm trying to go for the seat/bar relationship that is similar, and finding out that the bars AND seat will have to be switched.
At any rate, the long winded answer is go to a deal that stocks the seats, try them in the parking lot before you buy. Or head to a rally like Sturgis, where harley/mustang/corbin all have booths and you can try aftermarket on your bike too before buying.

Old 07-02-2006, 12:26 PM
jackyl
Elite HDF Member
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

all dyna seat for the same yrs will fit all the dynas for those yrs ,but the wideglide

Old 07-02-2006, 12:36 PM
mud
muderator
Received 8,807 Likes on 2,070 Posts

ORIGINAL: jackyl
all dyna seat for the same yrs will fit all the dynas for those yrs ,but the wideglide
jackyl, are you positive on that for the 06s??

I wanna put a WG fender on my SuperGlide, but don't wanna have to buy a different seat.

mud

Old 07-02-2006, 12:52 PM
jackyl
Elite HDF Member
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

I wanna put a WG fender on my SuperGlide, but don't wanna have to buy a different seat.

mud
i just put a lowrider seat on my streetbob last week and fits perfect.before i put it on,my buddy put it on his 06 super,to see how it looked and fit perfect to.even if you put the w/g rear fender on it,it will still fit.

Old 07-02-2006, 12:56 PM
traveler
Extreme HDF Member
Received 24 Likes on 21 Posts

Dyna Low Riders and Superglides are the same bike....same frame. Wideglides are different because the frame is longer, i.e. it's Stretched, (also has more rake...)that's why many recommend the Wideglide for tall guys. The bobtail rear fender is not a problem at all....the H/D accessory book has them all listed in there, they will sell you a bobtail rear fender for any model made, and you can get them painted in the factory color of your bike. They also sell all the parts needed to do the swap. This applies for the '06's-'07's as well! The big thing to remember is that '04-'05's are different than the earlier ones, and that '06's and newer are completely different, in that in '06 Harley COMPLETELY redesigned the DYNA line, completely new frame, motor/tranny, etc.[&:]

A Superglide is a Lowrider without the shorter shocks, has the speedo on the handlebars, skips the chrome, and has a silver motor instead of black and chrome.

The Superglide, since it's arrival in 1971, has always been the basic big twin, that was designed to be the "hot-rod Harley". It was modeled after the chopped down FL's of the late 60's~early 70's. It intentionally comes stripped down, so that the owner can customize and build to suit them. I have over 4,000 miles on mine since i bought it 10 months ago, and have modified mine fairly extinsively. I cannot speak enough about how the Superglide is the best kept secret in the Harley line. The money saved over buying another model can be used to hop up the motor, lower, etc. to make it YOURS!

joe

Old 07-02-2006, 02:29 PM
mud
muderator
Received 8,807 Likes on 2,070 Posts

ORIGINAL: jackyl
mud
i just put a lowrider seat on my streetbob last week and fits perfect.before i put it on,my buddy put it on his 06 super,to see how it looked and fit perfect to.even if you put the w/g rear fender on it,it will still fit.
Thanks for the info jackyl.

mud

Old 07-02-2006, 02:40 PM
Cobrajett
Cruiser

Thanks for all of the info. I was pretty sure that there would be no difference. I am looking at a Low seat to alter the look of the bike when I am riding solo without going to a solo seat. I am a pretty short guy so the cut seat height will also benefit. As for my wifes comfort as Glebo pointed out, I am clearly not trying to find a more comfortable solution for her. She likes the stock Super seat for comfort, so I am good there. After all, she is used to a postage stamp sized seat on the metric sport bikes I have been riding for twenty years prior to the Dyna......my first harley.

Quick Reply: Low rider seat on a super ????