Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

True-Track test ride

Search this Thread

Old 10-21-2009, 02:00 PM
yso191
Club Member
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by cbz1200n
Definitely less steering input needed to corner and a lot less wallow in the center of the corner. High speed stability is improved and I noticed the tires did not follow the grooves as much. I also found that very low speed maneuvering in parking lots also improved. Now you need to get a good front tire that sticks to the road! Since your sig shows the SE 180 I would recommend you match it with an SE front no matter how much tread is left on the stock pile of crap, you will be glad you did.
CB
Yep, I've come to the same conclusion. Sometime this Winter or early Spring that is exactly what I'm going to do. It's near the end of its life anyway.

Steve

Old 10-21-2009, 03:31 PM
LUCKY DAVE
Advanced

Before I installed a True Track the bike felt just like a Norton Commando with loose isolastic mounts.
For those of you too young to know what that feels like, it's a "hinge in the middle" feeling akin to really worn out swingarm bushings.
The slop never threatened to throw me on the ground or anything, but it was annoying as hell for an ex roadracer like me.
Don't worry about the parts adding weight to a Harley, they're heavy as a locomotive anyway, you'll never notice.
Money well spent.

Old 10-21-2009, 04:51 PM
GeorgeJ
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by yso191
I know many have done a ride report on True-Track, but here I go with mine anyway. I just got back from an 80 mile round-trip along the Yakima river canyon (read: lots of twisties). I pushed it as hard as my skills could take it.

My first impression was that the bike felt tight. Apparently my brain interpreted 'tight' as 'harder to turn' - which was not the case. How this played out was when I was coming into a tight corner I wanted to (and often did) corner too hard, then had to straighten up and find the right line and go from there.

The next big impression was that I didn't have to actively steer as much. The wording in my head at the time was 'not as many steering inputs were required.' I felt like I could take my hands off the handle bars most of the time. One of the ways this played out was when riding one-handed. Prior to the True-Track, I'd have to keep a pretty firm grip in the right handlebar and keep a lot of forward push on it to make it track straight. Now just a couple of fingers to keep the throttle open.

When I was able to initiate the right track on a hard corner, it was like the bike was on rails. I know that is easy to say, but for the first time I felt like steering wasn't the issue it was whether the bike was going to break sideways or not with the centrifugal force.

And it didn't seem to matter about road surface conditions. I felt all the patches, bumps, holes, and whatever as always, but they just didn't translate into steering/tracking problems.

Awesome. Well worth the $305.

Steve
Steve - Glad to hear the great review. One of my winter mods for sure - $305 wow - how did you get that price!

George

Old 10-21-2009, 05:25 PM
Mike Horrell
Road Master
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I've found my 09 FXDC to be a bit more of a wanderer at very low speeds than
the Sportster I traded in. It's very stable when braking to a stop, but if I
coast up without some dynamic load, it wanders. Would a True Track cure this?

Like Lucky Dave, I don't like the low-speed feel of the bike and although I have
pushed it a bit on high speed sweepers without noticing any problems, I have this
bit of doubt in the back of my mind about it. I've been trying to decide how much
is me and how much is the bike, itself.

Old 10-21-2009, 05:34 PM
CQCBlades
Cruiser
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Great .... now I want a True-Track

How involved was the install? Did you have to use a scissor jack to support the engine?

Thanks,
Greg

Last edited by CQCBlades; 10-21-2009 at 05:52 PM.
Old 10-21-2009, 06:36 PM
Sumpnut
Road Master
Received 11 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by cbz1200n
Definitely less steering input needed to corner and a lot less wallow in the center of the corner. High speed stability is improved and I noticed the tires did not follow the grooves as much. I also found that very low speed maneuvering in parking lots also improved. Now you need to get a good front tire that sticks to the road! Since your sig shows the SE 180 I would recommend you match it with an SE front no matter how much tread is left on the stock pile of crap, you will be glad you did.
CB
Have already changed the Stock tire when it wore out,fitted an Avon venom 110/90x19 which made it better and not long ago fitted Progressive HD 11" to the rear,the PS Drop in kit is waiting in the garage to be fitted shortly... ; )..which brings me to the question....ground clearance ??? If the SB (SonavaBitch lol) is lowered with the above mods does the true trac when fitted hang below the level of the frame or is it tucked up out of the way ??? Pics anyone??? or maybe I'll try and do a search on here.

Greetings from Sweden

Last edited by Sumpnut; 10-21-2009 at 06:43 PM.
Old 10-21-2009, 06:42 PM
RAGDOCTOR
Intermediate

Thank you Steve for a great test report on our product, the True-Track.

Old 10-21-2009, 06:50 PM
RAGDOCTOR
Intermediate

There will be no ground clearance loss - hope this eases your mind sumpnut-
True-Track

Old 10-21-2009, 06:56 PM
RAGDOCTOR
Intermediate

Hey there George,
The $305.00 price is the current special found at our website:
www.true-track.com for the Dyna unit and the touring 1993-2008 models.

Old 10-21-2009, 07:07 PM
AdrianVall
Elite HDF Member
Received 32 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by MZBuckeye
^^^ I'm sure glad you did Adrian! I love the TT, will never take it off.
Well I'm glad my old TT got put to good use!!

Quick Reply: True-Track test ride