Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Buying my bike tomorrow! :-D but going out of country for 2 months :(

Search this Thread

Old 01-05-2010, 08:33 PM
RCB
Road Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Another thing you may want to do is wax the painted surfaces and apply a chrome polish or wax to your chrome.

Old 01-05-2010, 08:34 PM
Bluesrider
Tourer

Originally Posted by transam7969
ehh I dunno.
I've actually even thought about putting it in the living room :lol: but I don;t think it'll fit through the door.
It Will Fit Tust Me!!

Old 01-05-2010, 08:37 PM
jason628
Road Warrior
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Greetings,

If your doors are normal width, then yeah! Put it on inside! Now if there's steps, yeah might be an issue. Otherwise, I'd be calling friends/family and seeing if the dealership would store it. Definitely don't leave it outside!

Old 01-05-2010, 08:42 PM
shrini23
Road Warrior
Received 36 Likes on 21 Posts

First of all congrats on your new bike.
Pls make the stealer understand your situation and they will defintely keep your bike IMO and they should.
Hypothetically say you didnt buy the bike, then the bike will be in the showroom floor or in their storage. Now you are paying for it and asking them to keep it for sometime and I guess they are obliged to do this to a customer

Old 01-06-2010, 12:43 AM
MidnitEvil
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 58 Likes on 49 Posts

Even if your car take precedence, it will handle the weather much better than the bike. Additionally, a couple guys with a pickup or van can pick your bike off and drive away. They are not as likely to do so with your car.

Think about cleaning up your garage a bit and putting the bike sideways in front of the car. Or, move the car over as far as you can to one side, and stick the bike next to it while you're gone.

Old 01-06-2010, 02:24 AM
OldEnuf2NoBtr
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 1,814 Likes on 1,066 Posts

Bring it over to my place. I'll keep the battery charged, the tires aired up, and I'll even keep the seat warm for ya. No problemo.

Old 01-06-2010, 02:35 AM
Jeff W
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 12 Likes on 7 Posts

Get a Battery tender from the HD dealer, they should give you one, i got one with my bike, but id sure ask for a free one. Get someone you can truely trust to know where it is, and have them help if you must, but i would put it in the house and plug in the battery tender and leave it that way, i promise, you can get it in the house some way some how. and i wouldnt put it where it could be seen from a window...yes, im paranoid.
Lock the steering and ignition and store the FOBs and keys away from the bike where they are hidden well. yep, im real paranoid ROFL.
As said before, 2 guys with a truck can load that bike and drive off in 5 minutes, nothing to it, NO WAY id leave mine parked for 2 months in my driveway.

Old 01-06-2010, 04:45 AM
toastman
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 20 Likes on 15 Posts

yeah it's been said already. i don't care if the car has precedence, a car can sit in your driveway for 2 months under a cover and be there when you get home, a bike can't.

number one you don't want to risk any ill effects rain or the weather can possibly have on your bike.

secondly, all it takes is one idiot kid to ruin your homecoming by pushing the bike over.

worst case scenario: sliding door van pulls into your driveway, one bar thru each wheel, bike lifts up, van drives off, bye bye bike.

chances are you get get it into your house. even if you have steps, a simple ramp will get you over the stoop.

seriously if you're going to leave it outside, let me come pick it up. she can stay at my house for 2 months.

Old 01-06-2010, 05:16 AM
skidsareforkids
Advanced

Don't buy it...If your car takes precedence your not ready for it.

Old 01-06-2010, 07:34 AM
dyna07custom
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Ask the dealer to store it for you indoors

Quick Reply: Buying my bike tomorrow! :-D but going out of country for 2 months :(