Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

APES INSTALLED! Short Fat Mexican Rides Again!

Search this Thread

Old 03-11-2010, 07:55 PM
rat_trap
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

looks good!

Old 03-11-2010, 08:03 PM
tcabello
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by ShortFatMexican
Dude, I'm 5'6", and in my opinion you'll regret going to 12" from 10-1/2". I'll take a picture with me on it tomorrow and get it posted. I did 112 miles today and felt great. This weekend I'm going to Canyon Lake to see my dad for Spring break; 3-1/2 hours and I plan to stop only for gas. I don't anticipate any comfort issues but will let you know.
thanks...I needed to hear that...I was concerned about spending money on 12" apes and not be satisfied...enjoy your ride...I'll be riding to San Antone tomorrow (following a school bus)...it should be great riding weather...

Old 03-11-2010, 08:05 PM
SC-Longhair
Club Member
Received 23 Likes on 18 Posts

I appreciate the good words. Looks like you did a great job and the bars are cool especially on the narrower front ends. Be proud and enjoy the heck out of them.

Old 03-11-2010, 08:45 PM
ShortFatMexican
Cruiser

Originally Posted by SC-Longhair
I appreciate the good words. Looks like you did a great job and the bars are cool especially on the narrower front ends. Be proud and enjoy the heck out of them.
No problem. BTW, I bought a red Sears lift yesterday, brought home, got pissed packed it back up and was going to take it back today. And thennnn... low and behold I see your video about modding the lift. Awesome idea. I will still have to roll it up on blocks of some kind because it just barely doesn't clear, but I get to keep it and don't have to buy adapters. If you're not an engineer, you should be.

Thanks again.

Old 03-12-2010, 06:38 AM
shimmon
Outstanding HDF Member

SFM, i dont know if the 08 and 09 street bob cables are the same length... but im putting some custom apes on my bike here this weekend. got the wire extensions, but i wanted to wait to measure for cables and brake lines... how much longer cables did you add? it seems the only ones i find in black at +6, which might be a little long, i'm actually hoping to use my OE cables with a little reroute...

Old 03-12-2010, 07:24 AM
grizzwold
Tourer

Dude, I'm 5'6", and in my opinion you'll regret going to 12" from 10-1/2". I'll take a picture with me on it tomorrow and get it posted. I did 112 miles today and felt great. This weekend I'm going to Canyon Lake to see my dad for Spring break; 3-1/2 hours and I plan to stop only for gas. I don't anticipate any comfort issues but will let you know.
SFM, the bars look great. At 5'7", I'm among the vertically challenged as well and I agree 14's are the perfect height. I ran 16's for the last 2 seasons and they were pretty comfortable for the short rides, 100-150 miles, but anything over that and my right shoulder would start barking. BTW, what kind of mirrors did you go with? From what I can see they look pretty cool.

Old 03-12-2010, 07:47 AM
formike56
Club Member

trying to get a ride together for Sunday out of San Marcos. More than welcome to come along for a hill country ride. Will start at the square downtown.

Old 03-12-2010, 08:28 AM
SC-Longhair
Club Member
Received 23 Likes on 18 Posts

No problem. BTW, I bought a red Sears lift yesterday, brought home, got pissed packed it back up and was going to take it back today. And thennnn... low and behold I see your video about modding the lift. Awesome idea. I will still have to roll it up on blocks of some kind because it just barely doesn't clear, but I get to keep it and don't have to buy adapters. If you're not an engineer, you should be.

Thanks again.
Your bike is lowered, right? How much clearance do you have when the bike is perpendicular (can I get triple-letter word score since I'm using that word before noon?) to the ground?

If I remember, I measure jack height and it was in the neighborhood of 5.25". I can double check that.

Old 03-12-2010, 09:07 AM
tatfreek1
Cruiser

looks good dude!

Old 03-12-2010, 09:15 AM
shimmon
Outstanding HDF Member

I also have a sears red jack... Good jack really. I use the hd lift adapters, i roll the fron tire up on a few pieces of scrap wood. They are about 3/4 inch thick, when stacked thats 1.5 inches... I have to lay the top piece like a ramp and then when i get over the bottom piece the ramp part levels out and put a piece of 2x4 under my kick stand. Slide jack in and raise bike...

Quick Reply: APES INSTALLED! Short Fat Mexican Rides Again!