Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Great. Now my Harley has a water leak!

Search this Thread

Old 03-11-2010, 05:43 PM
rattlebones
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Great. Now my Harley has a water leak!

So I was working on the front end of my 2002 FXD when I started to hear what sounded like water leaking. I look around and see a small pool of water in front of the back tire. This was a little confusing since a Harley shouldn't have a WATER leak! So I am thinking maybe I somehow cracked the battery. Nope not acid. Turns out the main wire harness was full of water and while I was fooling around I moved it and the water poured out of the other side of it. The Bike has been setting in the garage for a month with all that water in it.

Old 03-11-2010, 07:29 PM
seniorsuperglideE8
Supporter

Received 4,342 Likes on 2,368 Posts

When you wash your bike do you take the seat off, do you rinse with a jet stream of water? I have two Dynas and have never experienced that, I have ridden in some frog strangling rains.

Old 03-11-2010, 07:41 PM
rattlebones
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

No I just bought the bike before the weather turned crappy. Man it was pouring rain when I rode it home. I washed it once after I bought it with the seat on and not useing the high pressure. Who knows your harness could have been full of water and you wouldn't know it unless you messed with it.

Old 03-11-2010, 07:59 PM
08fxdf43202
Road Warrior
Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by rattlebones
So I was working on the front end of my 2002 FXD when I started to hear what sounded like water leaking. I look around and see a small pool of water in front of the back tire. This was a little confusing since a Harley shouldn't have a WATER leak! So I am thinking maybe I somehow cracked the battery. Nope not acid. Turns out the main wire harness was full of water and while I was fooling around I moved it and the water poured out of the other side of it. The Bike has been setting in the garage for a month with all that water in it.
Is the garage heated?
If not, do you occasionally heat it to work in the garage during the winter?
If so, maybe... the water came from condensation from the heating/cooling cycles.