Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What has been the fav mod you did to your bike (besides pipes)

Search this Thread

Old 05-26-2010, 09:53 PM
JaronB
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 17 Likes on 10 Posts

1) 21" front wheel
2) 15" Fred Kodlin Apes
3) C&C Solo

Old 05-26-2010, 09:59 PM
lo-rider
Elite HDF Member
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
Default favorite add-on

Originally Posted by rdown1976
Curious to see what everyone's answers are...

Assuming that add-ons are included under the heading "mod", there are three important ones, to me:

#1 I absolutely couldn't do without has to be the crappyused cheap throw-over leather saddlebags ($140 @ dealer), my very first add-on. They don't even fit all that well, but they really hold most of the heavy stuff I won't do without when trekking, which is my primary use, and they didn't require the addition of metal guards. They are on my bike most of the time, and have the overwhelming effect of removing it from the "garage-queen" look, giving it more the appearance of a dishevelled tomboy or field-hand. It is what it is. These bags are not rainproof, and there is no way to secure them, other than by removing them to some "safe" place (they are secured to the bottom of each shock by a leather thong to a screw-down ty-rap). However these particular bags do not give off a "steal me" aura--hoping.

And #2, a so-simple new one which has proven to also be in the "won't do without" category is the rubber Kury throttle rest ($12 @ dealer). Gives me many more options for avoiding numbness--a whole world of difference!

Only because I hardly go anywhere without it, I must also mention a #3, the Q/R windshield (used $179 @ eBay). This could just as well have been a non-Q/R version, as long as easy removal for cleaning were provided. Again, for trekking, this never comes off. It takes all the wind pressure off my upper body. And it is amazing how many bugs would otherwise be splattered all over me and harder-to-clean areas of my bike! I see easily over the top of it, yet it deflects most everything right over my helmet. Additionally it creates a large space forward of the bars where I store gloves and fleece pullover.

Old 05-26-2010, 10:08 PM
toastman
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 20 Likes on 15 Posts

bars first

tank emblems second.

Old 05-26-2010, 10:13 PM
SC-Longhair
Club Member
Received 23 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by thedonthere
Dude, if in fact you really did gain 40 and 40 then I really got fked with my Axtell 97" kit with my ported and polished heads with 1.9 intakes. I'm having a really hard time believing that. You got a 65% gain with that?????????????????????????? **** Vic, you should get 120HP then instead of the 80 you're hoping for.
How did you know I was following this thread? lol

I'd be happy with 80's hp and 90's tq from my 96".

I think with those numbers, the poster is working off a 103".

Old 05-26-2010, 10:56 PM
22B
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

andrews cams

Old 05-26-2010, 10:57 PM
SURFOR Chop
Elite HDF Member
Received 20 Likes on 18 Posts

Wow ... where to begin ... favorite ... VERY favorite ...??

So far, probably the T-Max with Auto Tune ... best bang for the buck ....

But, I suppose if you look at the order in which mods were done as an indicator of how badly you were willing to trade them for the cash ... (although, admittedly it is easier to justify relatively smaller purchases ahead of 'major' ones ... according to each one's financial ability ...). And then, of course some mods are a disappointment and you end up 'chucking 'em' ....

Really satisfied with the Fat Boy front end ... and the floorboards ... and the stereo (in the fairing ...) ... and the lower fairings ... of course, the hard bags ... [all supremely practical for keeping dry on a long rainy commute and being able to carry stuff to and fro the ship ...]

The mini apes greatly improved the rideability and got rid of the ache between my shoulder blades ....

ad naseum ...

How about 'everything so far ... and planned in the future' ... that work for ya ...?

R/
'Chop

Old 05-26-2010, 11:12 PM
W G Junkie
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

For sure, the 16" apes I just completed. Soon will be my 4' sissy bar that I'm working on.

Old 05-26-2010, 11:18 PM
thedonthere
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by SC-Longhair
How did you know I was following this thread? lol

I'd be happy with 80's hp and 90's tq from my 96".

I think with those numbers, the poster is working off a 103".
I don't care what he's working with, a set of cams, a pipe and an air cleaner has never gotten anyone I know +40 hp and + 40 tq. Did you start your bike yet? Did you get +40 and 40 cause you have exactly what he has.

Old 05-26-2010, 11:22 PM
SC-Longhair
Club Member
Received 23 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by thedonthere
I don't care what he's working with, a set of cams, a pipe and an air cleaner has never gotten anyone I know +40 hp and + 40 tq. Did you start your bike yet? Did you get +40 and 40 cause you have exactly what he has.
No. Motor is closed up but still need to reinstall tank, test, and hopefully fire it. Probably in the next 24hrs.

Then we could do this.....hey dude, post a dyno sheet to back up your +40hp/40tq. Also, is that 96" or 103"?

Old 05-27-2010, 12:23 AM
SPECIAL ED
Elite HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Lately it's playing with different seats and the backrest.I have a LePera bare bones solo, a Superglide custom, and a pillow look seat along with a couple of different backrest pads.I can radically change both the looks and the ride in a few minutes.

Quick Reply: What has been the fav mod you did to your bike (besides pipes)