Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Windshield

Search this Thread

Old 07-10-2010, 05:17 PM
ratt196635
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I like my harley one its great and I have no problems with it at all

Old 07-10-2010, 05:33 PM
Coxbow
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I don't quite understand why you people drive around with windshields !

even when you're riding at 80 or 85 (legal speed in Europe) you really don't need a windshield whatever distance your driving, so at 60 !

Old 07-10-2010, 06:39 PM
Ganadore
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by pcbunn
Any pics available?

Here are a couple pictures of my Streetbob with the Windvest if you were asking me. Ganadore

Old 07-10-2010, 06:49 PM
Dynamic
Cruiser
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Why the windshield? I guess you never have headwinds or June bugs in Europe. I rode through the valley where Palm Springs is. 45 to 50 knot headwinds while keeping 80 on the highway to keep up with the trucks. That's over 125 mph effective wind velocity.
At the end of the day, the shield was covered in bug carnage. One was a splat the size of a tennis ball.
Over here, the one on my black Dyna deflected a rock or something while I was accelerating to get around a truck. THWACK. Would have hit my throat, I figure.

Old 07-10-2010, 06:58 PM
BlockHead96
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 12 Likes on 4 Posts

I had a 14" Wind Vest, didn't like it at all and don't think the 16" would have been any better! To much side buffeting with the Win Vest. Sold it and got the HD QD, haven't looked back!

Old 07-10-2010, 07:46 PM
Buna
Intermediate

Almost sounds like a crap shoot as to which one will work for each particular rider. All I know is I don't particularly like the looks of a shield but after getting stung five times in one day (once in bottom lip by a hornet, twice in the neck by a wasp and twice in the chest through a shirt by a yellow jacket) and stung on the forehead two days before that a windshield is definitely in my future.

Old 07-10-2010, 08:06 PM
pcbunn
Tourer
Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Ganadore and all. I like the look of the Windvest but as you can see in the pics I have lowered my bars so I don't think the WV will work for me. Any more pics out there would be helpful. I'm always returning back to the Ness "nose-cone" for the overall looks but doubt it blocks the wind very much. Going to the Long Beach custom build- off next weekend so will continue my search till then. Again, more pics if there are any out there and thanks to all.

Old 07-10-2010, 08:16 PM
FBRR
Tourer
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I have a mephis shades del rio. It's low enough to look over but high enough to block the wind on my chest. My helemt is in the wind!

Attached Thumbnails Windshield-dyna2-004a.jpg  

Last edited by FBRR; 07-10-2010 at 08:18 PM.
Old 07-10-2010, 11:09 PM
vicsponjr
Road Master

Received 144 Likes on 90 Posts

I have a 19" Memphis fats with quick detach hardware on my 08 WG. Love it.

Old 07-11-2010, 07:31 AM
Mk1Racer
Road Master

Originally Posted by pcbunn
Ganadore and all. I like the look of the Windvest but as you can see in the pics I have lowered my bars so I don't think the WV will work for me. Any more pics out there would be helpful. I'm always returning back to the Ness "nose-cone" for the overall looks but doubt it blocks the wind very much. Going to the Long Beach custom build- off next weekend so will continue my search till then. Again, more pics if there are any out there and thanks to all.

Sorry for the thread hijack. pcbunn, what front wheel stand is that?

On a side note, I have a H-D QD low-profile for my '04 WG that I bought from a member here. Nice piece, but it's a bit too short for me, and I get lots of buffeting at eye level. I bought an add-on piece from Laminar, that's supposed to address this, but I have yet to mount it. Here's a pic.

Quick Reply: Windshield