Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Got my Bell Custom 500

Search this Thread

Old 05-14-2011, 08:10 PM
Sevendcmc
Advanced
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I ordered the Licks helmet.

Old 05-14-2011, 08:15 PM
Trash Rat
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by parts eeter
OK, So the girl measured 53cm and she said her helmet could stand to be just a tad bit tighter. Her helmet is the XS size.

I measured in at 59 1/2cm and the Large was spot on for me.

I had tried on a XL when I bought mine and it did sit lower on y head than the Large but I was concerned it wouldnt be tight enough so I went with the Large. I would say if you like a tighter fitting helmet go with the XS but if you like a more comfy fit go for the Small.
Thanks a lot for helpin a brother out. I did find a place about 40 miles away that said they would order me a helmet, & if I didn't like it, I wouldn't have to buy it. Thanks again. Guys like you are the reason I like this forum. Ride safe.

Old 05-15-2011, 09:41 AM
parts eeter
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Trash Rat
Thanks a lot for helpin a brother out. I did find a place about 40 miles away that said they would order me a helmet, & if I didn't like it, I wouldn't have to buy it. Thanks again. Guys like you are the reason I like this forum. Ride safe.
You will like the Bell 500 for sure. Glad I could help. Heres a pic of Kyle Petty signing that XS Silver Flake helmet last week...

Attached Thumbnails Got my Bell Custom 500-kyle-petty-024.jpg   Got my Bell Custom 500-kyle-petty-026.jpg  
Old 05-18-2011, 07:17 PM
Trash Rat
Road Captain

Every dealer I've called so far except for one said they don't carry the bell 500 & can't even order them. So I go to the one that said he had 2 of them & could order me one in the size I think I need, only to find out that the model he has is not the Bell 500. Then he checks & says he can't order them either. WTF?

Old 06-01-2011, 02:34 PM
Trash Rat
Road Captain

Well, I said F*#@ it & ordered an extra small off of ebay. Got it today & it fits perfect. Just a little tight with a doo rag on, & a little taller than I expected, but it's a keeper. I really don't think it weighs any more than my Fulmer half helmet. Glad I made the purchase.

Old 06-01-2011, 05:58 PM
risdo
Road Captain
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Checking in after using mine for a month. This is easily the best helmet I've ever had, and I've had a bunch of 'em.

The best thing about it is the wind absolutely does not affect it at all. At 85 or 90 mph on the highway, I can turn my head any which-a-way, and there's no wind tug at all. It's like I'm not wearing a helmet. It just stays put.

I'll probably never go back to a half-helmet. Got three hanging on the garage wall. Just decoration, now...

Old 06-05-2011, 08:08 AM
CMC
Road Captain

Got mine yesterday, here's a pic of my mug, trying to look tough lol:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/christophercullen/5798798786/http://www.flickr.com/photos/christophercullen/5798798786/ by http://www.flickr.com/people/christophercullen/, on Flickr

I have to agree with risdo's assessment. This is a very stable helmet. I usually where a fullface Shoei and although the Shoei is a high performance, race style helmet the Bell has far less lift at speed and it doesn't wanna kite around when you turn your head sideways to check out the view.

Plus, I love that orange sparkle!
http://www.flickr.com/photos/christophercullen/5798793196/http://www.flickr.com/photos/christophercullen/5798793196/ by http://www.flickr.com/people/christophercullen/, on Flickr

Old 06-05-2011, 11:23 AM
parts eeter
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Trash Rat
Well, I said F*#@ it & ordered an extra small off of ebay. Got it today & it fits perfect. Just a little tight with a doo rag on, & a little taller than I expected, but it's a keeper. I really don't think it weighs any more than my Fulmer half helmet. Glad I made the purchase.
It will break in and and ride lower on your head. Give it a few hundred miles and it will be spot on. You definitely had to put in the work to get that one!

Old 06-21-2011, 10:51 AM
Basic
Road Captain

After my first spring in the city and getting blasted with sand I decided to order the snap on face shield for my Custom 500 Speed Soul. It cuts down on the wind noise you usually get coming in the sides of a 3/4 and blocks the wind enough I can cruise at 75 with no sunglasses or goggles under the shield. Plus it looks dope. Haha

Old 07-21-2011, 08:52 PM
PigInaBlanket
Club Member
Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts

Just got the matte black one from Motorcycle Superstore in the mail tonight.

I forgot to order the damn 3 snap shield for it at the same time since it was free shipping. Now I'll have to order one and pay for shipping unless I can find one around here locally. Damn it.

Just putting it on and looking in the mirror I looked like the great gazoo and even the wife thought so
Looking at the pics though it don't look so bad.

Last edited by PigInaBlanket; 07-21-2011 at 08:55 PM.

Quick Reply: Got my Bell Custom 500