Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New Rear Tire FXDWG. Recommendations?

Search this Thread

Old 10-05-2010, 07:33 AM
USMAMule
Road Master
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default New Rear Tire FXDWG. Recommendations?

Well it looks like I will need new rubber soon on the back end. I see in spec's I should have a 180/60 17 back there. Stocker is a Dunlop and it has never felt secure a little slippery. What do people recommend for a guy who rides up to a couple hours at a time, mostly highway? But I do tend to stay around 80-90.

USMAMule

Old 10-05-2010, 10:47 AM
W G Junkie
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I just mounted a pirrelli (sp) night dragon on mine Friday. I heard many good reviews before trying it out. I've only got 150 miles on it, but man does it make a world of difference. She's glued to the road. Tight, smooth, and sticky.

Old 10-05-2010, 10:54 AM
Grendel4
Banned
Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by USMAMule
Well it looks like I will need new rubber soon on the back end. I see in spec's I should have a 180/60 17 back there. Stocker is a Dunlop and it has never felt secure a little slippery. What do people recommend for a guy who rides up to a couple hours at a time, mostly highway? But I do tend to stay around 80-90.

USMAMule
If you've got the 4.5" rim, I think the Dumflop and the Perelli are your only two choices. Is that correct? Is your rim 4.5"?

I also understand that the Perelli is just a tad smaller in reality.

Old 10-05-2010, 11:13 AM
USMAMule
Road Master

Originally Posted by Grendel4
If you've got the 4.5" rim, I think the Dumflop and the Perelli are your only two choices. Is that correct? Is your rim 4.5"?

I also understand that the Perelli is just a tad smaller in reality.
As always I reserve the right to ask stupid questions: Is the information on the rim in the service manual? If so I will grab it from the garage and take a look. If not, how do I determine the width of the stock rim? Yeah I have the stock rims so if folks here know that the stock rim is 4.5", then there's my answer.

USMAMule

Old 10-05-2010, 11:26 AM
NoLongerAmember
Banned
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by USMAMule
As always I reserve the right to ask stupid questions: Is the information on the rim in the service manual? If so I will grab it from the garage and take a look. If not, how do I determine the width of the stock rim? Yeah I have the stock rims so if folks here know that the stock rim is 4.5", then there's my answer.

USMAMule
It is a 4.5". On my SB it is stamped into the rim on the sprocket side, may be hard to read due to the powder. 17M/CXMT4.50 T
The ND is a good tire and it sticks great, I have not used the GT so I have no idea if the ND grips any better, there was one post that I read that said it did, but ???. It is a little bit narrower than the GT502 and the mileage numbers are probably about the same.
CB

motorcyclesuperstore.com has an additional 10% off on Pirelli tires so you can get a 180/60-17 Rear Night Dragon for 149 to your door.
Coupon code; m320-pirelliten (Expires on the 10th)
http://www.motorcycle-superstore.com...NGR/Tires.aspx
CB

Last edited by NoLongerAmember; 10-05-2010 at 11:35 AM.
Old 10-05-2010, 11:48 AM
USMAMule
Road Master

Originally Posted by cbz1200n
It is a 4.5". On my SB it is stamped into the rim on the sprocket side, may be hard to read due to the powder. 17M/CXMT4.50 T
The ND is a good tire and it sticks great, I have not used the GT so I have no idea if the ND grips any better, there was one post that I read that said it did, but ???. It is a little bit narrower than the GT502 and the mileage numbers are probably about the same.
CB

motorcyclesuperstore.com has an additional 10% off on Pirelli tires so you can get a 180/60-17 Rear Night Dragon for 149 to your door.
Coupon code; m320-pirelliten (Expires on the 10th)
http://www.motorcycle-superstore.com...NGR/Tires.aspx
CB
THANKS!! I really appreciate your help (and everyone's help here). This is a good group of folks. I always appreciate this community.

USMAMule

P.S. Your link got truncated. But I think I can take it from here....thanks again.

Last edited by USMAMule; 10-05-2010 at 11:49 AM. Reason: Add P.S.