Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What I did to murder my stock exhaust.

Search this Thread

Old 10-23-2010, 12:35 AM
TXSNIPER
Advanced
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Nice creative post.

Old 10-27-2010, 07:17 AM
Ovaltine Jenkins
Tourer
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by dreamer65
what no video so we can hear them there pipes
Sorry. Video is a terrible way to get a feel for what any pipes actually sound like, anyway. Particularly when the recording is done without professional equipment.

But, basically, it has the exact same rumble as stock, only significantly louder. Not "damage your ears" loud, but at least I can hear it at freeway speeds when I get on the throttle.

Old 10-27-2010, 08:36 AM
editbrain
Road Warrior
Received 12 Likes on 3 Posts

Why do all the pics show mess? They are pics of things that have nothing to do with the post.

NEVERMIND!

Old 10-27-2010, 09:11 AM
Ovaltine Jenkins
Tourer
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by editbrain
Why do all the pics show mess? They are pics of things that have nothing to do with the post.

NEVERMIND!
They have everything to do with the post.

Old 10-27-2010, 09:30 AM
editbrain
Road Warrior
Received 12 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Ovaltine Jenkins
They have everything to do with the post.

NEVERMIND!

Old 10-27-2010, 11:05 AM
Twofields6
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Excellent post - I am going to do this to my wife's deluxe during the winter down time. She said she is tired of her stock pipes sounding like a pu$%^%y fart :-)

Old 10-27-2010, 11:21 AM
gdt3
Tourer
Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts
Default Exhaust

+1 Ovaltine! Great and entertaining post. I have V&H Straight shots on my 2001 Wide Glide and have tried Short Shots. The Straight Shots are harsh and loud. The Short Shots are more harsh and louder. I am on the search for the right sound and may try that route. I love the rumble of a Harley and hate the rap and harshness that some exhaust have. The rumble sounds tough, a harsh rap sounds weak and obnoxious. If it is a rumble, I don't think it can get too loud, but if it is a harsh rap, I don't think it can get too quiet. Think of the sound of a double A fueler, or a train. Very powerful sounds. Just one man's opinion.
Send us some more entertaining posts.
:-)

Old 10-27-2010, 12:29 PM
zjones
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Great post OJ - you should have a blog...bit keep "post"ing here...

Old 10-27-2010, 12:43 PM
KBFXDLI
Big Kahuna HDF Member
Received 32 Likes on 29 Posts

Originally Posted by Ovaltine Jenkins
I don't trust myself with hammers. Not since the great finger-smashing incident of '98.
+1 Ouch...had one of those as well.....sometime in 2002 maybe 2003. Hit the tip of my left ring finger with a 22oz SS framing claw hammer up against a 12" concrete wall. The bone in my finger was crushed and shattered into about 8-10 shreds at the end of the finger (on xray). The pain sent me to my knees immediately. The tip of my finger throbbed for 11 days. Finally after 2-3 xrays they pronounced all of the nerves in the tip of my finger dead. I must admit it was more painful than being shot or stabbed. I get the ******* just thinking about it.

Old 10-28-2010, 11:15 AM
gdt3
Tourer
Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by KBFXDLI
+1 Ouch...had one of those as well.....sometime in 2002 maybe 2003. Hit the tip of my left ring finger with a 22oz SS framing claw hammer up against a 12" concrete wall. The bone in my finger was crushed and shattered into about 8-10 shreds at the end of the finger (on xray). The pain sent me to my knees immediately. The tip of my finger throbbed for 11 days. Finally after 2-3 xrays they pronounced all of the nerves in the tip of my finger dead. I must admit it was more painful than being shot or stabbed. I get the ******* just thinking about it.
Painful story KBF. I would like to hear the detail of your stabbing and being shot stories, as well.

Quick Reply: What I did to murder my stock exhaust.