Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Best air intake

Search this Thread

Old 12-05-2010, 07:40 AM
mang0
Road Captain
Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
Old 12-05-2010, 11:04 AM
Turbo ray 44
Tourer
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default nice hot rod

Thanks,
your photos are great.
More AIR!

Originally Posted by Le Vizir
Nice..! Is it a result of your personnal homework..?

Old 12-05-2010, 02:25 PM
f4kev
Advanced
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Turbo ray 44
Seems to work extremely well on the street and set records at Bonneville in 2009.
So who makes that intake Mr. Turbo?

Old 12-05-2010, 02:35 PM
skeeks
Novice
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by animalnoll
got a PM Gas Air Intake. I like it cause you can choose a lot of different face plates for it...but it is $$$.
I agree, those look nice. Heavy price tag but I think the quality and performance looks good. Probably the way I'm gonna go.

Old 12-06-2010, 10:16 PM
archergodwin
Elite HDF Member
Received 148 Likes on 127 Posts

I like my intake actually... works quite well.. nice tunnel ram affect....

Will be getting it powder coated and pin striped to match the tins...

Attached Thumbnails Best air intake-dsc01418_sm.jpg   Best air intake-dsc01419_sm.jpg  
Old 12-06-2010, 10:19 PM
archergodwin
Elite HDF Member

Originally Posted by Foxster
Go with what suits your taste and pocket, it won't make a difference on a stock or stage-1 bike. Its not a tuned component like the exhaust.
Oh.. and I beg to differ Foxster... tuning the runner length for the intake pulses, is just as important as tuning the exhaust for the exhaust pulses.

Old 12-06-2010, 11:12 PM
Thatguy08
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If your pockets are deep enough I really suggest the Roland sands intakes. That's what my dad and I are running and they rock!

Old 12-07-2010, 01:32 AM
Foxster
Road Warrior
Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by archergodwin
Oh.. and I beg to differ Foxster... tuning the runner length for the intake pulses, is just as important as tuning the exhaust for the exhaust pulses.
You will never find that on a dyno. The only slight difference you can get is with and without an air cleaner.

Once an air cleaner can flow as much as the engine can draw it makes zero difference on the dyno. Only for engines with a big flow (stage-3, big CC kit, etc) will you see any advantage of an A/C with a bigger surface area than the majority of good aftermarket stage-1 ones.

The only other exception I can think of is if you have a reversion pulse from a poorly tuned exhaust causing a big stand-off of fuel/air at the carb/throttle-body mouth. Then a long intake is important.

Old 12-07-2010, 09:40 AM
bigdaddy33
Elite HDF Member
Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Hey Ray. Looks like it would run great on the street. Love to hear more about the bike, ie. air cleaner info, motor build specs, dyno sheet and Bonneville records.

Originally Posted by Turbo ray 44
Seems to work extremely well on the street and set records at Bonneville in 2009.

Old 12-07-2010, 08:36 PM
archergodwin
Elite HDF Member

Originally Posted by Foxster
You will never find that on a dyno. The only slight difference you can get is with and without an air cleaner.

Once an air cleaner can flow as much as the engine can draw it makes zero difference on the dyno. Only for engines with a big flow (stage-3, big CC kit, etc) will you see any advantage of an A/C with a bigger surface area than the majority of good aftermarket stage-1 ones.

The only other exception I can think of is if you have a reversion pulse from a poorly tuned exhaust causing a big stand-off of fuel/air at the carb/throttle-body mouth. Then a long intake is important.
Yep, but I'm not talking about how much an air cleaner can flow, I'm talking about the intake runner length that's tuned. The intake return pulses are not caused by a bad exhaust, it's the column of air hitting the back of the closing/closed intake valve, and that wave moving back up the runner. Anyway...

Quick Reply: Best air intake