Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Progressive 412 shock review

Search this Thread

Old 02-27-2014, 12:05 PM
speedkills66
Road Captain
Received 20 Likes on 16 Posts

Thanks for the input.
For the price if I get a year out of them I'll be more than pleased. I just want some improvement for now.
By summers end I will be able to do better (if needed) - possibly higher end Progressives, or maybe some of the others you mention.

Old 02-27-2014, 12:11 PM
speedkills66
Road Captain

And if we're talking shirts I need a LARGE.

Old 02-27-2014, 07:08 PM
1999 Wide Glide
Tourer
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I really like my Progressive 412s. I am no suspension expert but I do know that my WG no longer bottoms out over speed bumps when we are 2 up riding. I bought the stock length and am happy with the result.

Old 02-27-2014, 08:26 PM
SSII
Novice
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I only heard a few chime in on longer than stock shocks.

Anybody else running 12.5", 12.6", or even some 13-3/8" shocks?

I am wanting some extra height, but don't want too much kickstand trouble.

Old 02-28-2014, 12:12 AM
doctoraustin
Cruiser
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I am loving my 412 covered shocks. Had them for about 6 months now and they are a great all around improvement from stock with or without a passenger.

Old 02-28-2014, 10:45 PM
2013superglideseattle
Tourer
Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

So which one of these shocks that gives you cushy ride like a softtail? what is the verdict?

Old 02-28-2014, 11:05 PM
Ndfastln
Road Master
Received 157 Likes on 133 Posts

Originally Posted by SSII
I only heard a few chime in on longer than stock shocks.

Anybody else running 12.5", 12.6", or even some 13-3/8" shocks?

I am wanting some extra height, but don't want too much kickstand trouble.
I am running 13" 412HD's. I've added tour pack, full front fairing with radio, a longer rear fender and touring bags. I plan on some 2up long distance riding and needed something that would ride better than stock and prevent bottoming out while fully loaded 2up. I modified the hard bags to fit around the shocks and the longer shocks sit straight up more than stock providing additional clearance in the shock tunnel in the bags. The shocks stopped the bottoming out I experienced with the stock shocks and ride better, although they are quite stiff when riding solo and stripped down. ( the tour pack, bags, fairing are all quick release, so it cleans up nice.) I probably could have gone with the 412 standards instead of the HD's but I wanted to be sure I had the most clearance I could get(in the 'shock tunnel') when riding 2-up.

Old 03-01-2014, 08:08 PM
speedkills66
Road Captain

Installed my 412s today.
Only thing was trying to decide which way to turn the offset but a quick job and pretty easy with the right tools.
I was only able to take a short ride due to the weather but first impressions were real good.
Hopefully I'll get to ride my normal commute soon and that will be the real test and the easiest way for me to compare but I based on my short ride today I expect to be pleased.
I am very happy with the fit, finish, etc.
Cheers!

Attached Thumbnails Progressive 412 shock review-img_2682.jpg  
Old 03-07-2014, 07:39 PM
SSII
Novice
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Ndfastln
I am running 13" 412HD's. I've added tour pack, full front fairing with radio, a longer rear fender and touring bags. I plan on some 2up long distance riding and needed something that would ride better than stock and prevent bottoming out while fully loaded 2up. I modified the hard bags to fit around the shocks and the longer shocks sit straight up more than stock providing additional clearance in the shock tunnel in the bags. The shocks stopped the bottoming out I experienced with the stock shocks and ride better, although they are quite stiff when riding solo and stripped down. ( the tour pack, bags, fairing are all quick release, so it cleans up nice.) I probably could have gone with the 412 standards instead of the HD's but I wanted to be sure I had the most clearance I could get(in the 'shock tunnel') when riding 2-up.
Sounds like the 412HD would be too stiff for my solo riding, but it also sounds like you got a little more clearance? Did you ever have the longer shocks without the added weight of the fairing (also, pictures?)

Old 04-29-2014, 10:43 AM
Bolty204
6th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm looking at a set right now. More just because I want to Black out my 2012 Street Bob than for comfort. I live in Canada where it's snow and cold 8 months of the year, so I ride just for enjoyment not as A to B. I'm 6'1 210 lbs and ride solo 99% of the time with no gear. But as I said, I live in the great white north where our roads are full of pot holes and bumps. Should I be considering the HD shocks or standard?

Quick Reply: Progressive 412 shock review